Deadline: 27 March 2020
The U.S. Embassy, Public Affairs Section is currently seeking applications for “Stronger Together: Health, Prosperity, and Security” program to support innovative projects that address one of three U.S. foreign policy objectives.
- The total amount of funding is up to $25,000 per project and the anticipated total number of awards;
- The award duration is twelve (12) months.
All submitted proposals must address one of the three U.S. foreign policy objectives below:
- Empowering Women and Girls – Projects enhance or support empowerment of women and girls through educational, entrepreneurship, health, or professional development opportunities.
- Supporting Civil Society Organizations – Projects (1) strengthen management and public engagement capacity of civil society organizations and promote political and civil participation; (2) enhance government accountability and information access for the public; or (3) promote exchange and cooperation with U.S. higher education institutions.
- Enabling Business Environment – Projects (1) promote or develop best practices in business and entrepreneurship for youth and create or strengthen networking among youth entrepreneurs; (2) promote Botswana’s transition to a knowledge-based economy, including activities in research and development; or (3) increase Botswana’s awareness and utilization of the African Growth and Opportunity Act.
- The award is open ONLY to registered not-for-profit groups, associations, non-governmental organizations, faith- or community-based organizations. The groups must be well established, operating for at least one year, and have a history of accomplishments;
- They cannot fund or sponsor government schools, prizes for school competitions, individuals, private or for-profit businesses, company start-up costs, direct employee compensation or one-time events;
- Recipients can demonstrate their commitments by either contributing to the project financially, or providing labor or supplies to carry out the project. Cost-sharing is not required but highly encouraged;
- Proposals involving U.S. Alumni will receive preference during the review process.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Proposals will be reviewed in the month following a deadline by a committee comprised of U.S. Embassy employees and a decision will be rendered one month following the deadline at the latest. Preparation for grant programming will commence immediately after selection.
For more information, visit https://bw.usembassy.gov/our-relationship/stronger-together/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.