Deadline: 21 January 2019
The UNDP’s Support to Access to Justice and Rule of Law project (A2J/RoL) project is inviting Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) including NGOs and/or CBOs for application of Small Grants to conduct public outreach awareness-raising and information dissemination on transitional justice to create awareness and disseminate information to traditional leaders, youth, women and the wider community to create a common understanding of transitional justice processes and the mechanisms provided by the R-ARCSS that is founded on national ownership.
This awareness-raising will enhance the public’s understanding about transitional justice, and acts as a platform for South Sudanese to add their voice to and participate in transitional justice processes and the agreed upon mechanisms.
Funding Information and Duration
One or more grants not exceeding USD 25,000 will be made to different organizations within a 9 month period per project location.
- CSOs are encouraged to develop their own expected results based on their analysis of the needs and particularities of the context and problems. The expected results may include the following:
- National awareness-raising campaign and outreach activities on transitional justice that provides increased understanding of transitional justice mechanisms and the provisions of the R-ARCSS;
- A series of dialogues and workshops conducted on transitional justice at national and state level involving government stakeholders, civil society organizations and traditional leaders;
- The generation of knowledge on thematic topics relevant to the transitional justice process in South Sudan through public lectures delivered by experts and compiled and published as policy briefs, research papers or working documents.
- Interested parties must submit a proposal along with the following documents:
- Proof of registration as a non-governmental/non-commercial organization including copies of registration certificate and constitution or other governing document.
- Organizational profile with the following details:
- Details of the local partners if application is made jointly by two or more CSOs.
- Curriculum vitae of two key staff members involved in the implementation of the Project.
- Bank details.
How to Apply
Applications (project proposals) in the form of the template attached must be submitted by CSOs based in South Sudan to the UNDP Offices or by post or email at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: South Sudan
For more information, please visit http://procurement-notices.undp.org/view_notice.cfm?notice_id=52328