Don’t miss out on this unparalleled opportunity to accelerate your startup in Silicon Valley with FAST Accelerator 2023. Apply now and unlock the resources and connections you need to propel your business to new heights.
FAST Accelerator, an initiative of Flapmax created in partnership with Microsoft, is dedicated to supporting and funding the next generation of African innovators. The program combines business development, technology integration, funding opportunities, and community building to enable African startups to scale rapidly and sustainably.
FAST Accelerator 2023 will connect startups to a vibrant ecosystem of over 500 corporate partners. By participating in the program, you’ll gain access to dedicated venture funding, a robust network, and invaluable mentorship opportunities.
- While they may be sector-agnostic, they have specific interest in startups innovating in key industries where AI can be greatly leveraged for societal good at large scales.
- Ignite the knowledge in every learner and empower the global workforce. Adaptive learning, training, etc.
- AI driven security systems, logistics, automotive & manufacturing
- Include every individual–big or small–in the financial space. Financial planning, payments, insurance, etc.
- Bring food to table with no stress, inclusive of underserved communities. Green agriculture, smart faming, etc.
- Deploy technology for equitable healthcare. Telemedicine, genomic sequencing, robotic surgery, etc.
Bootcamp & Acceleration Program
- Action Plan:
- Two-Week Virtual Bootcamp Program: Validate your entrepreneurial journey with the intensive virtual bootcamp program focused on the fundamentals of entrepreneurship. Gain valuable knowledge and insights to refine your business model and prepare for the next stage.
- Acceleration in Silicon Valley: The top startups selected from the virtual program will have the incredible opportunity to join them in Silicon Valley, California for a 5-week intensive program. This stage involves acceleration, networking, and raising funds, all while immersing yourself in the thriving startup ecosystem of Silicon Valley.
- Accelerator Program Features:
- Mentorship and Business Coaching
- Receive personalized guidance from experienced mentors and business coaches who will support you throughout the program.
- Pitch to Silicon Valley Investors and Experts
- Showcase your startup to potential investors and gain valuable feedback from industry experts.
- Weekly Seminars & Progress Meetings
- Engage in interactive seminars and progress meetings to learn from industry experts and track your startup’s growth.
- Build Relationships with Global Startups and Corporates
- Connect with startups and corporate partners from around the world, expanding your network and exploring potential collaborations.
- Mentorship and Business Coaching
- Access and Co-Innovation with Microsoft Engineering and Product Team (Innovation Is Key)
- Startups within the program will have access to Microsoft engineering team to co-innovate, this can range from product integrations to new offerings
- Access and Co-Innovation with Flapmax Engineering and Product Team (Flapmax Engineering)
- Startups within the program will have access to Flapmax engineering team to co-innovate, this can include product integrations with Measure, Coral Imaging, and Fast Portal
- Azure Cloud Credit, GITHUB and Developer Tools (Developer Tools)
- Up to $250,000 in cloud credits, including access to Founders Hub and virtual reality (VR) hardware
- SME Value Proposition and Marketplace (Value Proposition)
- They have a high preference for startups with SME solution. The vision is to impact millions of SME’S across the continent as such they will be positioning solutions targeted to solving the SME challenge in the continent
- Enterprise and Government Proactive Co-Sell (Proactive Co-Sell)
- Joint Co-Sell engagement with Microsoft sales team in the enterprise and public sector as well as with Flapmax product team
- Access to Talent Through Flapmax Ai Academy (AI Academy)
- The AI Academy program includes xHAIL Apprenticeship program, Resident Research Engineers and International Internships
- Microsoft Partner Ecosystem (Partner Ecosystem)
- Partner Network provides access to exclusive resources, programs, tools and connections across the continent to foster business growth
- Access to Microsoft Africa VC Circle (VC Circle)
- The network of VCs helps drive growth. Startups will have access to Microsoft VC circle to raise funds and scale their business
- Cross Market Expansion (Expansion)
- Startups seeking to expand to the rest of Africa will benefit from cross market expansion activities which introduces their product/services to new markets within the continent
- Startups must be based in Africa
- Be ready to scale or expand within the continent
- Have established product-market fit and generating revenue
- B2B startups are prioritized
- Healthcare, Fintech, Edutech, and Industrials/Agtech startups are specifically of interest. Sustainability and Deeptech are welcomed
- Commitment: Participants must be committed for the entire duration of the program
- July – August 2023
- Review application of applications and selection of top candidates to participate in the virtual bootcamp program.
- August 2023
- 2023 Bootcamp: Up to 60 participants will attend the “Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship” two-week online program.
- October 2023
- Silicon Valley 5-Week Accelerator Program: Top 10 top participants from the bootcamp will embark on an all-expense-paid, 5-week Silicon Valley Training Program. The program will culminate with pre-arranged meetings with angel investors, venture capitalists, and potential trade partners.
For more information, visit Flapmax.