Nominations are now open for the Arts Participation Project Award to support initiatives in the field of arts participation (participatory, collaborative, community, and socially engaged art practices).
The purpose of the award is to support proposals from professional artists or arts organisations that wish to collaborate artistically with non-arts professionals (individuals or groups).
They prioritise proposals that involve:
- Communities of place and/or interest in the following contexts: health, disability, cultural diversity, older people/creative ageing and community development
- The creation or interpretation of work developed through a collaborative process
- The presentation of work developed through a collaborative process
- A clear description of methodologies for engagement and artistic collaboration that:
- Demonstrate clear artistic vision and goals, alongside any other goals (e.g. health, well-being, community development, access, inclusion, social change, etc.)
- Value the creative contributions of all participants while providing opportunities for artistic challenge
- Ensure that the artistic quality and the quality of the engagement between artist and participants is considered at all stages (e.g. in the planning, making, presentation and evaluation of work)
- Demonstrate active support and commitment from all participants and partners, including a clear understanding of respective roles and contributions
- Incorporate well-thought-out mechanisms for cooperation with key workers (where relevant) and consideration of training and support (where necessary)
- Demonstrate an awareness of current arts-participation practice in Ireland relevant to the proposal, and has the potential to have a long-term impact on artistic skill, ambition and policy.
The maximum award available is €60,000.
- The award is open to professional artists and arts organisations. To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Be resident in the Republic of Ireland. There are certain exceptions where the Arts Council may deem eligible applications made by those based outside the Republic of Ireland. However, before admitting as eligible any such application, the Arts Council would need to be satisfied that the outcomes of any such proposal would benefit the arts in the Republic of Ireland.
For more information, visit https://www.artscouncil.ie/Funds/Arts-participation-project-Award/