Deadline: 5 December 2018
Applicants are invited to submit proposals for the Direct Aid Program which is a flexible small grants scheme funded by the Australian Government and administered by the Australian Embassy in the Philippines.
- Under the program, grants are provided to projects that can demonstrate direct benefits to local communities.
- Grants of up to PhP1 million per approved project will be provided with a 6-12 months implementation period.
- Approved projects are expected to commence implementation immediately.
Priorities for Assistance
- DAP encourages activities that address the needs of marginalised sectors including disadvantaged children; women and girls; indigenous peoples; persons with disability; the youth, LGBT community, poor farmers and fisher folks, remote rural communities and the urban poor.
- DAP also encourages projects that address cross-sectoral needs and those that meet multi-sectoral objectives.
- DAP will prioritise the following initiatives/projects for assistance:
- child protection
- promotion and protection of the rights of women and girls
- sustainable livelihoods and income generation, especially promoting women’s economic empowerment
- community-based development facilities (e.g., water and sanitation systems, learning/training centres)
- environmental projects (potentially with health and income-generating outcomes).
- sports diplomacy
- disaster risk-reduction initiatives
- Community groups, NGOs, and other organisations engaged in development work in the Philippines that are primarily managed by Filipinos and registered with the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC), the Cooperative Development Authority (CDA), or the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE), are welcome to apply.
- Consistent with the Australian Government’s Smartraveller advice for the Philippines, DAP will not fund activities in locations listed as “do not travel” or “reconsider your need to travel”.
How to Apply
Please submit proposals either via email, postal mail or courier at the address given on the website.
Eligible Country: Philippines
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2DtZINi