Deadline: 1 December 2019
Applications are now open for the Community College Initiative Program (CCI Program) that provides a quality non-degree academic program at US community colleges intended to build technical skills, enhance leadership capabilities, and strengthen English language proficiency. The program also provides opportunities for professional internships, service learning, and community engagement activities.
CCI participants are recruited from historically underrepresented and underserved communities. In Indonesia, this means AMINEF aims to recruit applicants beyond Indonesia’s major cities and in provinces beyond Java Island, which historically have had fewer opportunities for study abroad.
A special initiative funded by PT Freeport Indonesia allows a certain number of candidates from the provinces of Papua and West Papua every year to receive CCI Program awards.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The CCI Program will provide funding for J-1 visa support; round-trip travel from participant’s home city to host institution in the United States; tuition and mandatory college fees; housing and meals; small allowance for books and incidental expenses, limited Accident and Sickness coverage that is J-visa compliant; and a variety of personal and professional development activities. Students will be hosted in groups by community colleges competitively selected to participate in the program. Students are required to return home at the end of their program and may not transfer to a four-year US academic institution.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Fields of Study
The CCI Program offers study in the following fields:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Applied Engineering
- Business Management/Admin
- Early Childhood Education
- Information Technology (IT)
- Public Safety
- Tourism and Hospitality Management
- General Requirements
- The applicant should:
- Be an Indonesian citizen and not permanent resident or citizen of the US, or be currently living in the US
- Possess leadership qualities and show experience in community service
- Have preparation in, and a demonstrated commitment to, their chosen field of study
- Be proficient in English
- Have an outstanding academic record
- Not be employees or close family members or dependents of employees of AMINEF, or the US Embassy, or the US Department of State
- Not be receiving another fellowship at the time of this fellowship application
- The applicant should:
- Specific Requirements
- Applicants should:
- Hold at least a high school diploma
- Have basic knowledge of English, as testified by a minimum TOEFL ITP score of 450, or IELTS equivalent, and dedication to improving their English proficiency
- Be currently working in the field in which they are applying or be running a small business with maximum working experience below 5 years.
- Applicants should:
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Candidates should complete the appropriate application forms and submit them along with all supporting documents in hard copy via mail (postage) or drop them off in person to the address given on the website.
- Submission Requirements (supplied in English):
- Completed application form
- Copy of most recent (less than two years old) ITP TOEFL or IELTS score report
- Legalized copy of high school diploma and transcript (in Indonesian and English translation)
- Legalized copy of associate (D1/D2/D3) or bachelor’s degree (S1) transcript (in Indonesian and English translation)
- Copy of identity document (KTP or passport)
- Official Statement of Employment (Surat Keterangan Bekerja) from Employer/Work Supervisor or HR Officer in Indonesian
For more information, visit https://www.aminef.or.id/grants-for-indonesians/fulbright-programs/fellowships/community-college-initiative-program/