Deadline: 31 May 2019
- Community Landscape and Seascape Conservation
- Climate Smart Innovative Agro-ecology
- Energy access co-benefits
- Local to Global Chemical Management Coalitions
The principle objectives of the Small Grants Programme are to:
- Develop community-level strategies and implement technologies that could reduce threats to the global environment if they are replicated over time.
- Gather lessons from community-level experience and initiate the sharing of successful community-level strategies and innovations among CBOs and NGOs, host governments, development aid agencies, GEF and others working on a regional or global scale.
- Build partnerships and networks of stakeholders to support and strengthen community, NGO and national capacities to address global environmental problems and promote sustainable development.
- Ensure that conservation and sustainable development strategies and projects that protect the global environment are understood and practiced by communities and other key stakeholders.
The SGP grant should not exceed US$50,000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Organizations that are eligible to directly apply to the GEF SGP are non-government organizations (NGO) and community organizations (COs) legally registered in Moldova, with at least one partner in project implementation area that would carry out project activities. Previous experience of direct applicants in partnerships, especially with local partners in the project implementation area and/or with local communities in the project’s area is seen as an advantage.
- The NGO and CO that carry out their activities in different areas, provided that their interests correspond to the goals and principles of GEF SGP, may lodge financing applications.
- Direct applicants should prove the capacity to implement the proposed project. In this regard, they need to demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in project design, implementation and evaluation.
- Human resources experience in priority areas of GEF SGP.
- Project implementation logistics (office space, computers, fax, telephone line, internet access, etc.).
- Also, direct applicants need to demonstrate:
- That they are legally registered in Moldova, in accordance with the legislation in force (enclose copies of registration certificate, statute, certificate of statistical codes and bank certificate).
- That they are non-profit, autonomous and independent organizations.
- That they are not subordinated to a government institution.
- In all cases, the funds received from the GEF SGP should be used locally in the project implementation area. Direct applicants cooperate in project design, implementation and evaluation with various partners who provide their insights (financial or other) in achieving project objectives. The partners can be:
- Local public authorities.
- Representatives of local communities
- National and local government institutions (ministries, research institutions, agencies, etc.).
- Other NGOs and/or COs, professional associations, land owners’ associations, farmers associations, etc.
- Private companies.
- Social and education institutions (hospitals, retirement homes or orphanages, community centers, institutions for persons with special needs, as well as schools, universities, etc.).
- Proposals submitted by two (2) or more applicants will be rejected if any of the following is discovered:
- Have at least one partner as auditor, director or member in common.
- Any of them receive or have received a direct or indirect subsidy from another one.
- Have the same legal representative for this call for proposals.
- Have a relation with another one directly or through third parties, placing it thus in the situation to have access to information on or influence on proposal of another applicant with regard to this process.
- Are each other’s contractors or a subcontractor in a proposal submitted through another proposal on behalf of or as a main applicant;
- An expert suggested in the applicant’s team, participates in more than one proposal received for this call. This condition does not apply to subcontracts included in more than one proposal.
- Implementation units and NGOs that participate in public institutions’ duties based on contracts concluded between them.
How to Apply
Offers shall be submitted electronically via e-mail at the address given on the website with the subject line as “GEF SGP, Thematic Grant 2019, [name of the applicant NGO]”.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Eligible Country: Moldova
For mroe information, please visit http://sgpmoldova.org/en/news_item/119
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.