Deadline: 15 October 2019
Applications are open for the United States Embassy Club (USEC) Community Services Project Grant which is a charitable giving and volunteer organization made up of U.S. Embassy Manila employees and their family members.
USEC began more than 50 years ago and has evolved into a volunteer club dedicated to improving the lives of women and children in the Philippines. USEC does not receive any government funding. All USEC funding comes from charitable giving and fundraisers.
USEC offers financial grants to local organizations dedicated to improving the lives of women and children. Their primary focus is to assist organizations in the Metro Manila area with small-scale projects in the areas of health, education, livelihood, and the environment. Grants are not intended to fund private profit-making activities or foreign based organizations.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The project should:
- Address women, children, or other vulnerable populations in the Metro Manila area.
- Exhibit a gender sensitive project.
- Demonstrate community support. Only projects that help less fortunate Filipinos residing in the Philippines are eligible.
- Permit quick implementation and impact. Projects must have a definite start and end date within a one-year timeframe.
- Be sustainable. Programs should be capable of continuing on their own after the funding ends. (NOTE: Salaries, office rent, supplies, food, administrative costs do not demonstrate sustainability.)
- Demonstrate supplemental projects. They should not be used to relieve an organization of the responsibility to provide for its own on-going programs.
- Be conducted by registered non-profit organizations.
- Have clearly measurable results. The grant recipient needs to report on the impact of funding.
- Provide volunteer opportunities to members of USEC and the Embassy Community.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Grants are awarded for a one year period. USEC normally provides grants within the Php 30,000-50,000 range per project. The maximum award for any application is Php 100,000. Selected projects for the 2019 grant year will receive their funding in November 2019.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
USEC board members conduct reviews and select applicants based on the following selection criteria:
- Technical merits of the application;
- The impact of the funding (please note priority will be given to projects that help women and children);
- Cost effectiveness and cost realism of the application;
- Past performance of the organization (preliminary reviews may include a site visit); and,
- Following application format and guidelines.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Download the application form via given website.
- Complete the application form in English.
- Answer all questions to ensure they can consider all applications equally using the same criteria.
- Do not send in duplicate applications that applicant have prepared from other funding sources.
- They will only consider applications that follow this format:
- Organization Information;
- Project Classification;
- Project Narrative;
- Budget Narrative; and
- Supporting Documentation.
For more information, please visit https://ph.usembassy.gov/education-culture/opportunities/funding/usec/