The Humanitarian Innovation Fund’s Invention Grants are provided for the invention of a creative solution or novel idea, which helps address a problem or seize an opportunity. Combining analysis, discussion and, most importantly, creativity to generate ideas or harness new technologies.
By invention, the fund means moving beyond insights and starting to bring an idea to life. Applicants will need to prioritise what is important about their innovation and develop a coherent solution that can be tested and refined as they move forward.
A grant up to £50,000 is available for the Invention phase of the process.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Creatively exploring options for different ideas
- Getting feedback from a wide group of people about your initial idea
- Discussing the solution with potential user community to see what they think
- Developing a storyboard to help others visualise your solution
- Determining which ideas are worth developing into prototypes to test
- Building quick and easy prototypes to test out ideas
- Combining different ideas to create one unified solution
Examples of Projects Funded
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Rapid Manufacturing for Quick Onset Disasters – Field Ready
- Innovative Online Library for Health Action in humanitarian Relief: MedBox – Medical Mission Institute-Catholic Advisory Group for International Health
- Replication of existing solutions or practices (e.g. building schools or orphanages)
- Individuals or private sector without partners
- Projects that exclusively serve religious purposes
- Political campaigns
- Expansion of private business
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Humanitarian: The aim of the project must be to improve humanitarian practice.
Innovation: The aim of the project must be an innovation: creating and implementing a new or improved technology, product or process.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Field Experience: Applications from all sectors are accepted. However, at least one of the partner organisations must be able to demonstrate experience working in humanitarian response.
For more information, please visit Invention Grants.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.