Are you an aid worker in a humanitarian setting that can see a process isn’t efficient, or a product not adequate, but need support to research this further? Or, do you have a bright idea for inventing a device or process that could improve the quality and speed in which aid is delivered but need support to delve deeper and consult with relevant stakeholders?
The recognition grants are for projects that involve generating meaningful insights to inform the invention of potential solutions.
It is essential to understand the needs and challenges of affected communities, and the view of the potential users of any new innovations that might develop.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
A grant up to £50,000 is available for the Recognition phase of the process.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The recognition phase is likely to include, but not exclusively, research, reviews and other studies that:
- Learn from the community that is directly affected by the problem
- Explore a problem from different and relevant perspectives
- Identify new areas of opportunity for innovation
- Review existing evidence about what works and what doesn’t
- Explore the potential of adapting existing technology for new humanitarian purposes
- Sharing the information gathered in a way others can easily understand
Examples of Projects Funded
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Understanding the Humanitarian effects of Violence on Vulnerable Children and women in Latin America and the Caribbean – Save the Children
- Effective monitoring and beneficiary accountability practices for projects implemented remotely in insecure environments – Tearfund
- Exploring a challenge that exists within a development setting (definition).
- Company/ organisation start-up funding
- Construction of non-innovative schools, latrines, water systems, medical centres
- Replication of existing solutions
- Expansion of private businesses
- Projects that exclusively serve religious purposes
- Political campaigns
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Humanitarian: The aim of your project must be to improve humanitarian practice.
- Innovation: The aim of your project must be an innovation: creating and implementing a new or improved technology, product or process.
- Field Experience: Applications from all sectors can be submitted. However, at least one of the partner organisations must be able to demonstrate experience working in humanitarian response.
For more information, please visit Recognition Grants.