Deadline: 30 April 2018
ISIF Asia’s Internet Operations Research Grants support the development of an independent Internet research community whose work can improve the availability, reliability, and security of the Internet in the Asia Pacific region, and widen its coverage, applications and benefit to the community.
Innovation and a development focus must be an integral part of the project proposal. Proposals must include an implementation component, a realistic timeframe and a detailed budget breakdown.
USD 45,000 is available, as follows:
- USD 30,000 scale-up grant for one existing research project looking to expand;
- USD 15,000 small grant for one new research project.
Proposals must be focused on one or more of the following areas:
- Internet operations, infrastructure management and related protocols;
- Network measurement and analysis;
- BGP routing;
- Peering and interconnection.
- Project proposals and award nominations from Asia Pacific-based organizations will be considered.
- Applications from public, private sector, academia (such as universities or research and development institutions), non-profit and social enterprises are welcome to all categories.
- ISIF Asia will ONLY support initiatives managed by organizations based in the Asia Pacific region, with funds allocated to be invested within the Asia Pacific region, as described in the list of economies (mentioned below). ISIF Asia will consider regional diversity and balance when making final decisions.
- Individuals are also eligible for the Internet Operations Research Grants.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their proposals online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, American Samoa, Australia, Bangladesh, British English Ocean Territory, Brunei Darussalam, Bhutan, Cambodia, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, China, Dem. People’s Republic of Korea, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Guam, Hong Kong SAR, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos People’s Dem. Republic, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Republic of Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Viet Nam, Wallis and Futuna Islands.
For more information, please visit Internet Operations Research Grants.