Deadline: 26 June 2017
The Kailan Foundation has announced its maiden edition of an annual essay contest. The competition is open to all nationalities and to anyone interested in community development and willing to share ideas and experiences through writing.
In addition to the handsome prizes, the Essay Writing Competition offers participant an invaluable opportunity to test and improve the writing skills while getting exposure to a global audience.
The winners will get their essays published on our website. It will then become a reference for other contestants who will read it for inspiration.
Participants may submit their entries based on the following topics:
- Volunteerism and community development
- The android generation: An impediment to development
- Globalization and community development
- CIGs and community development
- Agriculture and rural development
- Gender-role stereotyping and community development
- Valorizing local productivity through ICTs
- Culture, tourism and community development
- Winner –$150 + Essay publication on our website
- 2nd place –$100 + Essay publication on our website
- 3rd place –$50 + Essay publication on our website
The Kailan Essay Competition 2016 is open to everyone below the age of 30 from around the world who is interested in development issues with no age, gender, racial or ethnic distinction.
How to Apply
Participants must submit their entries on the topics mentioned above within the following criteria:
- The essay should be from 2000 to 3000 words in length.
- It should be in English.
- Essay should be unique.
- Every essay will be subjected to a thorough check with a plagiarism detection engine.
- One must make sure to include all the references to the sources you use for writing your essay if you do use any.
- Participants must save their essays in rtf document format and submit online via given website.
For more information, please visit Kailan Foundation Essay Contest.