Nominations are now open for the Minister’s Award for Excellence in Championing Gender Equality – VIVE, an award that promotes gender equality in their lives, workplaces and government.
The VIVE Awards were created as a way to highlight and acknowledge New Brunswick individuals that are forging paths and advancing gender equality. The five categories are: Community, Youth, Business, Everyday and Government Champions.
In March 2021, the first five recipients of the VIVE Awards were selected! These Awards give them an opportunity to highlight not just the great work that is happening around the province, but also the great individuals who are an inspiration and who are working towards advancing gender equality.
- Community Champion
- Indigenous Champion
- Community Champion
- Non-Profit Champion
- Youth Champion
- Young Woman of Distinction Champion
- Environmental Sustainability Champion
- Community Partnership Champion
- Business Champion
- Business & Professions Champion(S)
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation Champion(S)
- Outstanding Workplace Champion(S)
- Everyday Champion
- Health & Wellness Champion
- Neighbourhood Champion
- Silent Champion
- Government Champion
- The five recipients will be selected from the nominations received from across the province. These recipients will be New Brunswickers who have made a significant and sustained difference, who inspire or have championed change and diversity.
- Community Champion: A NB woman or women. When they say NB women, they include everyone who identifies as a woman living in NB, regardless of sex assigned at birth, citizenship or residency status.
- Youth Champion: A NB girl, young woman, girls or young women 25 and under. When they say NB women, they include everyone who identifies as a woman living in NB, regardless of sex assigned at birth, citizenship or residency status.
- Business Champion: A NB woman, man or a group of individuals. Private sector. Individuals, businesses of all sizes, sole proprietors, entrepreneurs, partnerships, corporations and other non-government agencies/ organizations.
- Everyday Champion: A NB woman or women whose achievements are personal or private and whose accomplishments and resilience have a meaningful impact in the lives of others. When they say NB women, they include everyone who identifies as a woman living in NB, regardless of sex assigned at birth, citizenship or residency status.
- Government Champion: A NB woman, man or a group of individuals. Public Sector. Government institutions and Agencies, Health Care, Education system, Crown corporations, Politicians, Military and Law Enforcement.
- Nominee(s) must live and work within New Brunswick;
- Nominations may focus on activities that have taken place in the past, present orfuture;
- Posthumous nominations may be accepted;
- Consents must be provided by the nominee(s), nominator and references for the form to be accepted;
- Nominations must satisfy the criteria for their award category.
For more information, visit https://www2.gnb.ca/content/gnb/en/departments/women/VIVE-Awards.html