Nominations are now open for the iF Social Impact Prize to support projects that contribute to improving the society. If you work towards achieving one or more of the UN Sustainable Development Goals, your project is eligible.
- End Poverty: Since 1990, extreme poverty rates have been cut by 50%. But one in five people in developing regions still live on less than $ 1.90 a day.
- End Hunger: It is time to rethink how they grow, share and consume the food if they are nourish today’s 795 million hungry people.
- Healthy Lives: Sustainable development depends on ensuring healthy lives. More efforts are needed to raise life expectancy.
- Quality Education: Basic literacy skills have improved tremendously, yet bolder efforts are needed for achieving universal education goals.
- Gender Equality: Equality for women and girls is not only a fundermental human right, it will fuel sustainable economies and benefit societies at large.
- Water & Sanitation: Due to poor infrastructure, millions of people die from diseases associated with inadequate water supply, sanitation and hygiene.
- Clean Energy: The goal is universal access to modern energy services, improved efficiency and more renewable energy sources.
- Economic Growth: The creation of quality jobs will remain a major challenge for almost all economies well into the future.
- Resilient Infrastructure: Without technology and innovation, industrialization will not happen, and without industrialization, development will not happen.
- Reduce Inequality Everywhere: To reduce inequality, policies should be universal in paying attention to the needs of disadvantaged and marginalized populations.
- Sustainable Cities and Communities: Cities enable people to advance socially and economically, but some cities face congestion, a shortage of adequate housing and declining infrastructure.
- Sustainable Consumption: Responsible consumption and production aims at “doing more and better with less”, resource and energy efficiency and access to a better quality of life for all.
- Climate Action: Climate change is now affecting every country on every continent, disrupting national economies and affecting lives.
- Life below Water: Careful management of this essential global resource is a key feature of a sustainable future.
- Life on Land: Forests cover 30% of the Earth’s surface and are key to combating climate change, protecting biodiversity and the homes of the indigenous population.
The prize money of EUR 100,000 will be donated by iF. It can be awarded to one or split between several projects. In May and November 2022 annually rotating team members will decide the iF SSocial Impact Prize 2022 winners and divide up the prize money.
If you apply for the iF Social Impact Prize, you can benefit from many advantages which help to boost your project:
- Apply for free
- Publish your project on the iF Design Website.
- Update your projects with new photos, videos and information any time.
- Introduce your project to a global design community, media and the design interested public.
- Compete for a share of EUR 100,000.
- Companies, design studios, NGOs, foundations, social enterprises, public and other organizations are welcome to submit.
- Your project should already be established and you can apply with the same project a maximum of two times.
- Student concepts will not be accepted.
- Publish your project on the iF Design Website and you will automatically compete for the prize.
For more information, visit https://ifdesign.com/en/if-social-impact-prize