Purina is looking for organisations that bring together pets and people to make a positive impact in the communities through its BetterwithPets Prize.
Purina would also like to support organisations who are interested in learning more on how the pet-human bond could help their organisation’s purpose.
Purina are looking for organizations and social entreprises to partner with to achieve this ambitious goal.
The most impactful organization(s) will win a 2-year grant of up to 100,000 € each year. They will be invited to collaborate and share with the wider community best practices via webinars/conferences to build knowledge, scale impact and demonstrate that thanks to the power of the pet-human bond, the health and well-being of people in vulnerable situations can be improved.
The Purina BetterwithPets Prize aims to discover, recognize and support exceptional organisations that harness the power of the pet-human bond to improve the health and wellbeing of people in vulnerable situations.
The Prize also aims to create a community of social innovators, where all are willing to collaborate, share best practise, tools and expertise to scale social impact. Purina will share innovations and research outcomes, host events and leverage both platforms and networks to foster healthier and more inclusive communities.
What type of solutions does the Prize look for?
- The Prize will support organizations that come up with innovative solutions that help foster people’s health and wellbeing through the power of the pet-human bond and are active in the health sector and / or work towards health outcomes. This includes both mental and physical health.
- Be part of an exciting community
- The Prize has been created to act as a catalyzer between organisations working with people in vulnerable situations and the ones operating in the petcare ecosystem. All participants will be informed about opportunities to collaborate, share best practices, foster initiatives, network, and fundraise.
- Win a 2-year grant of up to €100 000 per year
- Purina aims to provide 2-year strategic grant(s) to the most impactful organisation(s). They believe that it will support them to grow, reinforce their impact and collaborate to strive for system change.
- Access to best practice learning
- Purina will share innovations and research outcomes, host events and offer training opportunities to upskill knowledge in this impact area and ultimately drive systemic change.
Which countries are included in the extended scope?
- The BetterwithPets Prize has a European and Middle Eastern scope. Applicants registered in the listed countries (by alphabetical order) are eligible:
- United Kingdom
- Purina is committed to foster people’s health through the power of the pet-human bond. By 2030, they aim at positively impacting the health of 1,000,000 people in vulnerable situations.
- They are looking for partners in Europe whose aim is to improve people’s mental and physical health by leveraging the pet-human bond.
- Calling out to:
- Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs): Non-profit organisations that operate independently of any government, typically those whose purpose is to address a social or political issue.
- Social Enterprises: Operators in the social economy whose main objective is to have a social impact, rather than make a profit for their owners or shareholders.
For more information, visit Purina BetterwithPets Prize.