Deadline: 31 March 2020
The U.S. Embassy in Burkina Faso is pleased to announce its Ambassador Self-Help Program. Grants from this program are awarded to community groups to carry out small development projects.
The goal of this program is to encourage community involvement and the use of local resources and expertise to improve basic economic and social conditions of the local community.
The maximum grant is $10,000.
- The project must be initiated by the community and should benefit the community by increasing income or improving living conditions. If the project is designed to generate income, it must be truly community-based and not a for-profit enterprise or sole proprietorship.
- The project should be sustainable and not require continued support after the one-time contribution from the Self-Help Program.
- The community must make substantial contributions to the project in money or in kind.
- All projects must be completed in one year.
- The Self-Help Program cannot fund political, religious, military, or recreational activities.
- Funds cannot be used for administrative costs, transportation, training, scholarships, consumable items, vehicles, or to finance repairs.
- Funds are not provided to government agencies.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
Eligible Country: Burkina Faso
For more information, please visit https://bf.usembassy.gov/business/self-help-program/