Deadline: 4 September 2019
Center for Monitoring and Research (CEMI) in partnership with the Center for Democracy and Human Rights (CEDEM) and the Network for the Affirmation of European Integration Processes (MAEIP) within the framework of the project “Judicial Reform: Improving the capacity of civil society organizations in contributing to the preservation of the integrity of the judiciary”, funded by the European Union, through the Pre-Accession Assistance Program (IPA) and the Ministry of Public Administration has announced a call for granting small grants to non-governmental organizations with the aim of supporting the achievement of a higher level of democracy and the rule of law in Montenegro.
- The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the achievement of a greater level of rule of law in Montenegro.
- The specific objective of the project is to increase the level of professionalism, efficiency, accessibility and integrity of the judiciary through the establishment of effective cooperation mechanisms between judicial authorities and civil society organizations, as well as the capacity building of civil society organizations (CSOs) to support judicial reform in Montenegro.
- The direct target groups of this project are:
- Montenegrin judicial authorities
- Civil society organizations
- The media
- All citizens of Montenegro who can participate in the court proceedings
- The overall objective of the competition is to support the ongoing reform of the judiciary in Montenegro by increasing the participation of the civil sector in monitoring trials and/or policy-making, which will enhance the level of professionalism and integrity in the judiciary.
- The specific objective of the competition is to develop the capacities of civil society organizations, to improve the Government’s response to the needs of the non-governmental sector, to increase the participation of civil society organizations in the policy-making process by improving the position of vulnerable groups.
Areas and Topics
The submitted project proposals should focus on the following areas and topics:
- Developing policies and enhancing standards and privileges to protect vulnerable groups through advocating for the provision of equal access to justice, such as the equality of parties and the focus of the procedure.
- This competition foresees the allocation of EUR 40,000 to civil society organizations in the context of small grants.
- The amount of funding that can be approved for individual projects (including projects implemented in partnership) will range from EUR 5,000 to EUR 8,000.
The place of implementation of the project must be Montenegro.
The proposed projects can take up to 6 months. The start of the project starts from the date of signing the contract with the CSO whose project was accepted.
- Third-party support will be limited by the same eligibility criteria set out in the IPA Guidelines for the Call for Proposals, except those relating to the geographical framework (each CSO participating in a national small grant application must be registered in the region for which it has applied to the competition: south or north of Montenegro).
- CSOs registered under the Law on Non-Governmental Organizations that meet the following criteria are eligible to participate in this competition:
- have been registered as citizens’ associations at least one year before the deadline for submission of project proposals in this competition;
- have their seat in Montenegro;
- that they are directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project, with the partners (if provided for in the project), and not act as intermediaries;
- that in the previous year they had an annual turnover of more than EUR 10,000 (in the case of part of the capacity building program). If there is a project partner (s), the annual turnover of all organizations participating in the project must cumulatively exceed EUR 10,000.
- Individuals, political parties, international and foreign organizations, government institutions, religious communities are not eligible to participate in this competition.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must download the application form available on the given website.
For more information, please visit http://cemi.org.me/2019/07/novi-konkurs-za-dodjelu-malih-grantova/