Deadline: 11 January 2019
This program supports NGO efforts to promote grassroots democracy, viable civil society in BiH, respect for human rights, and promotion of Euro-Atlantic integration through media outreach and public advocacy campaigns. Grant-funded civil society organizations will focus on youth empowerment with special focus on youth employment (non-formal education about market economy, entrepreneurship, job searching techniques, networking etc.) and youth activism (effective engagement in public advocacy actions to protect nature, counter corruption, development of youth leadership, communication and negotiation skills), promotion of Euro-Atlantic integration and human rights including projects focused on LGBT issues, gender equality, and support for people with disabilities and minorities.
The budget for single project proposals for the Democracy Commission Small Grants Program should not exceed USD 50,000 and program activities should take place between April/May 2019 and April/May 2020.
Projects should deal with one of the following themes:
- Youth empowerment
- Euro-Atlantic integration
- Human rights including rights for persons with disabilities and the LGBT community.
- Non-profit organizations (including think tanks, civil societies and NGOs), educational institutions and independent media that are based and legally registered in Bosnia and Herzegovina are eligible to apply.
- American or other donor country organizations and individuals are not eligible for grants under this program.
- Grants are generally awarded only to organizations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications via e-mail at the address given on the website.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2QJbx5Q