Deadline: 14 April 2020
Through this APS, USAID is soliciting applications for effective and innovative approaches and interventions that contribute to achieving the mission’s high level goal of “Enhanced democratic governance that provides economic and political inclusion and advances social stability.” Specifically, awards made through this APS are expected to build upon past USAID support in the four (4) programming areas of the Initiatives for Democracy‐‐ human rights, media, elections and political participation, and local governance.
- Media capacity and independence advanced: The APS invites innovative applications to advance media capacity and independence in three (3) areas:
- Public support for human rights increased: The APS solicits innovative and tested social behavior change interventions to raise public awareness and support for civil and political rights enshrined in the Philippine Constitution. Activities are envisioned to be organized in three inter‐related components:
- Build the evidence base for behavior change strategies
- Implement social behavior change interventions to increase citizen engagement in support of human rights
- Enhance the capacity of communities, civil society and local champions to advocate the advancement of human rights
- Political participation enhanced: The APS calls for applications to expand political participation and civic engagement in the following key areas:
- Promote civic education
- Increase resilience of electoral process
- Local governance bolstered: USAID invites insightful applications to bolster local governance through the following:
- Increase transparency and accountability
- Improve third party oversight of local procurement
- Support policy dialogues to advance local governance and decentralization
Geographic and Target Population
In general, activities to be awarded under this APS will be implemented nationwide, unless as otherwise indicated above and in the separate Addendums.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants are requested to incorporate these guiding principles in their proposals:
- Innovation, adaptation and evidence‐based implementation
- Partnering with local organizations and non‐traditional partners
- Sustainability and self‐reliance
- Private sector engagement
- Resilience and conflict‐sensitive assistance
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $30,000,000
- Award Ceiling: $10,000,000
- Award Floor: $5,000,000
- This funding opportunity is open to all eligible U.S. and non‐U.S. nongovernmental organizations (other than those from foreign policy restricted countries), including but not limited to foundations, academic organizations, media organizations or associations, for‐profit private enterprises, and consortia. Individuals are not eligible to participate in this APS or in any of the Addendums.
- USAID welcomes organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=314893
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.