Deadline: 23 May 2017
Are you an up and coming scientist researching in the fields of sustainable development? Do you want to become one of this year’s 25 Green Talents? Then apply for the “Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development”.
“Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development” was called into life in 2009 by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research to promote the international exchange of innovative green ideas from various fields of research.
Every year, the Ministry honors 25 young researchers with the “Green Talents” award, who are invited to visit the hot spots of German sustainability research and establish a unique network with peers and experts.
The goal of sustainable development is to find a balance between the need for socio-economic development and the need to preserve the environment, and to thus meet the requirements of present and future generations.
The 2017 Green Talents award includes:
- An invitation to the fully funded two-week Science Forum 2017, consisting of
- Visit to leading German science and research facilities with unique insights from experts at these institutions.
- Individual appointments with German experts of the winner’s choice to discuss opportunities for research and cooperation.
- Networking opportunities at the festive award ceremony.
- A fully funded research stays of up to three months at an institution of the award-winner´s choice in 2018.
- Exclusive access to the Green Talents alumni network.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Enrolment in a Masters or a PhD programme in any field related to sustainable development or must have completed their degree (Master/PhD) with significantly above-average grades in a similar programme no more than three years before the end of the application process.
- Excellent proven command of English
- A non-German citizen or anyone not residing in Germany (individuals therefore not eligible to apply: German passport holders as well as anyone living in Germany at the time of application even if the residence is temporary).
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via an online tool given on the website.
For more information, please visit Green Talent.