The MDPI Sustainability Foundation is seeking nominations for its Emerging Sustainability Leader Award.
The 3 pillars of sustainability are as follows:
- Social (Standard of Living, Education, Community, Equal Opportunity).
- Environmental (Natural Resource Use, Environmental Management, Pollution Prevention).
- Economic (Profit, Cost Savings, Economic Growth).
- Total prize is 20,000 USD Prize.
- Nominee applications will go through 2 rounds of selection until the final 3 are decided.
- The finalists will then have to present during the Award Ceremony to win either first place (10,000 USD) or runner-up (2 x 5,000 USD).
What will the Selection Committee be looking for?
- A unique, sustained and outstanding achievement based on strong pure or applied research in any appropriate discipline.
- Achievement that addresses at least 2 pillars of sustainability and demonstrates measurable impact within those particular pillars.
- Novelty and feasibility of real-life applications of the research.
- Entrepreneurial potential of the research.
- Alignment with the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Nominees & Selection
- Nominees for the Emerging Sustainability Leader Award Nominees may be individual researcher or start-ups founded by researchers under the age of 35 at the time of the submission deadline from the international research community.
- Candidates may be nominated by third parties or self-nominated.
- The entrepreneurial and sustainable potential of the research will be considered in addition to the academic quality.
- The 2022 Emerging Sustainability Leader Award will be shared amongst 3 winners (1 of 10,000 USD and 2 of 5,000 USD).
- This award will be given upon the quality of research output and a pitch presentation from the nominees.
- The Selection Committee will select the final 5-8 competitors. Out of the 5-8 competitors, a group of 3-5 judges will choose 3 finalists. The finalists will then be required to present their final pitch at the 10th World Sustainability Forum.
- The awardees will be informed on 15 June 2023.
For more information, visit MDPI Sustainability Foundation.