Deadline: 17 December 2018
The U.S. Embassy Ankara, Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Department of State has announced an open competition for organizations to submit applications to carry out projects that address one or more of the following key bilateral themes: Support Shared Security, Strengthen Economic Prosperity, Reinforce Democratic Values or Foster Turkish and U.S. Ties.
Key Bilateral Themes
- Support Shared Security – Projects for consideration in this category could/should support and advance cooperation between the United States and Turkey on defeating ISIS/DAESH and other extremist groups; projects in Turkey that support advancing stability in Syria; all facets of counterterrorism efforts; and transnational crime. Also, projects that support and advance cooperation between the United States and Turkey in NATO and other multilateral security organizations.
- Strengthen Economic Prosperity: Promoting Innovation and Fostering Entrepreneurship – Depending on the level of entrepreneurial opportunity and ability in the targeted region(s) for the activity, proposals here could include trainings to introduce the concept and principles of entrepreneurship, promote networking and mentorship opportunities, provide small-and-medium enterprise (SME) development planning, teach marketing and outreach techniques, foster research and development/innovation, etc.
- Reinforce Democratic Values: Media – Proposals should support journalists and/or citizen journalists through trainings or activities to bolster media literacy, investigative journalism, social media/internet publishing, research and fact checking, documentary filmmaking, visual or other storytelling, etc.
- Reinforce Democratic Values: Freedom of Expression and Public Discourse – Proposals should focus on activities to encourage cultural and arts exchanges to promote public discourse and freedom of opinion, such as through innovative forms of creative expression, reaching and teaching underserved audiences (e.g., ethnic or religious minorities, LGBTI, youth or women), encouraging respect of cultural and social diversity, pluralism and equity in cultural life and policy.
- Foster Turkish and U.S. Ties – Proposals for programs developing American Studies, English language teaching/learning, STE(A)M education among Turkish youth and encourage study in the United States will be considered under this category.
- Award amounts: Awards may range from a minimum of $5,000 to a maximum of $100,000
- Length of performance period: Maximum 24 months
Priority Region: Proposals including activities located outside Turkey’s metropolitan areas are encouraged.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations
- Public and private higher educational institutions
How to Apply
Applicants can download the application form via given website.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/2zCPw1z