Deadline: 29 May 2020
This task is mandated under the UNEP project entitled “Global best practices on emerging chemical policy issues of concern under the Strategic Approach to International Chemicals Management (SAICM)”, funded by the Global Environment Facility (GEF).
One component of this project aims at increasing the ambition of different stakeholders to track and control chemicals along the value chains of the electronics sector.
The overall objective is the development of two regional studies that assess current capacities, approaches and initiatives present in the LAC and CEE regions; and propose recommendations for action and a roadmap to transition towards a Circular Economy in the electronics sector in the LAC and CEE regions.
UNEP is looking for one partner from the LAC region, to develop the LAC regional study, and one partner from the CEE region, to develop the CEE regional study. In order to develop the respective study, and the roadmap it contains, the respective partner is expected to lead a regional consultation process (online) involving industry (large enterprises as well as SMEs), as well as government, civil society and other relevant stakeholders, with a good geographical balance in terms of regional representation. The involvement of industry (producers and their suppliers) is of particular importance to ensure their buy-in for the roadmap developed under this study, and to ensure the roadmap brings together common elements of diverse existing initiatives.
- The maximum budget for this project is USD 50,000, with in-kind contribution expected from the applicant.
- The project implementation period is from July 2020 until February 2021.
Applications are sought from Academia (Research Institutes, Universities), Non-Government Organisations (NGOs), Not-for-Profit Organisations (NPOs). The applying institution shall have a good track record on:
- Possessing a good understanding of sustainable consumption and production topics, circular economy and life cycle thinking, as well as chemicals management
- Proven expertise and experience in the electronics sector
- Proven experience with chemicals management and/or the nexus of chemicals of concern and their regulation
- Proven expertise and experience on formulating recommendations based on scientific analysis and multi-stakeholder consultations as well as giving guidance on interpreting such recommendations
- Proven experience of carrying out multi-stakeholder consultations and strong network in the electronics sector
- Published high quality reports or peer-reviewed journal papers related to the mentioned topics
- Fluency in both written and spoken Spanish and English
For more information, visit https://www.oneplanetnetwork.org/unep-call-proposals-deadline-29-may