Deadline: 1 June 2017
Informatics Europe is seeking applications for its 2017 Best Practices in Education Award devoted to initiatives making Informatics education available to all.The Award recognizes outstanding European educational initiatives that improve the quality of informatics teaching and the attractiveness of the discipline, and can be applied and extended beyond their institutions of origin.
The Award will honour original contributions that emphasize successful initiatives for teaching of informatics fundamentals in one of the following areas:
- Reaching out to non-traditional audiences, e.g., in continuing professional development or to senior citizens.
- Educating the general public, e.g., with respect to data security and privacy.
- Including Informatics education in other curricula, e.g., in general teacher training.
The Award carries a prize of EUR 5,000.
- The Award can be given to an individual or to a group.
- To be eligible, participants must be located in one of the member or candidate member countries of the Council of Europe or Israel.
- Members of the Informatics Europe Board and of the Award Committee are not eligible.
How to Apply
Interested applicants must apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom (UK), Vatican City (Holy See).
For more information, please visit Best Practices in Education Award.