Deadline: 1 April 2017
The Wells Mountain Foundation (WMF) is currently inviting applications for its Empowerment through Education (ETE) Scholarship Program that will provide undergraduate scholarships to developing country nationals to study in their home country or a neighboring country.
The scholarship participants will not only be able to improve their own future, but also that of their own communities.
- ETE scholarships range from $300 USD to $3000 USD annually and are provided throughout the undergraduate education of the recipient.
- Maximum scholarship is $3000 USD.
- Average scholarship amount is $1400 USD.
- Tuition and fees
- Books and materials
- Room rent
Applicants must be student, male or female, from a country in the developing world, who:
- Successfully completed secondary education, with good to excellent grades.
- Is applying to university or is working towards earning his or her first undergraduate degree.
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world.
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation.
- Has participated in volunteer service prior to applying for this scholarship and is willing to continue to engage in community service while receiving the Empowerment Through Education scholarship.
- Has some funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to school or continue without assistance.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Republic of the Congo, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Federated States of Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit ETE Scholarship Program.