Deadline: 19 November 2016
The Hawassa University is inviting applicants for its 10 Scholarships to the African Union Commission, through the Department of Human Resources, Science and Technology, to enable African students to undertake Masters Programmes in Natural Sciences, Agriculture, Forestry, Natural Resources, and Humanities.
- Tuition fees
- A round-trip economy rate air ticket from candidate’s home country
- Boarding at campus of Hawassa University in provided facilities
- Monthly stipend of 300 US$ to support living expenses
- Total amount of 1,200 US$ to support Masters Research. (In case this fund is not sufficient, the student should find other supplementing sources)
- The scholarships are open to all qualified young African Nationals who meet the following Admission Requirements:
- Be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university, with at least a second class upper division or its equivalent, in a relevant field.
- Maximum age of 32 years.
- Fluency in the English language, as it is the teaching language.
How to Apply
- Applicants must include the completed Application Form together with the following documents:
- Summarized CV including education, work experience and publications if any,
- Certified copies of relevant certificates, and transcripts,
- Personal details page of national passport,
- Recent clear passport size photograph,
- Recommendations from two academic referees with contact addresses,
- An essay of not more than 500 words that explains the motivation for applying the chosen field of study, its importance to Africa’s development, and how the qualification will enable the candidate to serve the African continent.
- Applications must be submitted via email at the address given on the website.
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
For more information, please visit this link.