Deadline: 15 November 2019
Applications are now open for Kennedy-Lugar Youth Exchange and Study (YES) Program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, provides scholarships for high school students (14-16 years old) to spend one academic year in the United States.
The program is crucial for expanding communication between the peoples of the United States and Lebanon to promote mutual understanding and respect. Students live with host families, attend high school, and engage in activities to learn about American society and values, acquire leadership skills, and help educate Americans about Lebanese culture.
The program supports students with disabilities and encourages their participation.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- To be eligible to participate in the YES program, a student must:
- Be a Lebanese citizen or a long-term Palestinian resident in Lebanon
- Be currently enrolled in the Brevet or 1st secondary class of the Lebanese baccalaureate program or in the 9th or 10th grade of the high school program
- Have a birth date between August 1, 2004 and August 1, 2006
- Demonstrate maturity, good character, scholastic aptitude, flexibility and adaptability
- Have a minimum of “B” average or 12/20 for the past three years (with no failing grades)
- Have strong English language ability: Minimum “B” average or 12/20 in English for the past three years
- Agree to attend classes in the U.S. as full-time students and maintain at least a “C” average in a U.S. high school or 10/20 in the U.S.
- Demonstrate willingness to participate in the American host family’s daily life
- Not have previously attended high school for a semester or academic year in the United States
- Not be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (green card holder).
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://lb.usembassy.gov/kennedy-lugar-youth-exchange-and-study-yes-program-in-lebanon-2/
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.