Applications open: 11 October 2016
Deadline: 31 January 2017
The Centre of Contemporary Culture of Barcelona (CCCB) is seeking applications for “Cultural Innovation International Prize” to support innovative cultural projects that raise awareness about climate change, empowering and involving society actively in the global commitment to environmental responsibility.
Applications are open to projects in the framework of the third culture (proposals that explore links between art, science, humanities and technology), education (informative and educational formats that involve educators, children, young people and families) or citizen-led innovation (new tools, platforms and programmes for collective participation and the design of ideas for social transformation).
- Third culture: Proposals which explore the connections between art, science, the humanities and technology.
- Educational proposals: Initiatives and ideas involving educators, children, young people and families through new informative and educational formats.
- Citizen-led innovation: Projects developing new tools, platforms and programmes for participating and collectively designing proposals aiming at cultural transformation.
- The CCCB will award an amount of 20,000 € for the execution of the prizewinning project. This amount will be divided between production costs and the fees and expenses incurred for curatorial duties by the author or representative (up to 7,000 €, including VAT).
- This prize involves no financial reward.
- Natural persons aged 18 or over living in any country. They may enter individually or as a group.
- Non-profit legal persons (foundations, associations, cooperatives…) resident in any country.
- A group consisting of any of the above.
- Employees of the CCCB, members of the Jury and Technical Commission.
- For-profit legal persons.
- Public administrations or any associated bodies.
- Winners of the previous prizes.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online using the link provided on the given website.
For more information, please visit CCCB.