AfriLabs is calling on women-led businesses across select locations in Africa to apply for this cohort of the RevUp Women Initiative.
RevUp Women Initiative is an enterprise development programme for early-stage women-led businesses in Africa. It is designed to accelerate these businesses into profitable & sustainable ventures that can stimulate the creation of jobs on the continent. The initiative aims to foster gender equality and inclusive economic growth through enterprise development training, mentorship, peer-to-peer learning and providing access to finance. This cohort is funded by The Visa Foundation.
In this cohort, 500 businesses will go through a rigorous training and mentoring session and ten (10), one (1) in each pilot city will be selected to be funded by the programme.
- Clean Technology
- Financial Technology
- Climate Change
- Climate Adaptation
- Access to high-quality female mentors Across Africa.
- 10 business owners will be selected to be funded with 10,000 dollars following the Catalytic Africa guidelines.
- Access to additional funding opportunities for participants and a network of funders across Africa.
- Access to the AfriLabs network.
- The applications are open to early-stage women-led businesses across Africa. These businesses must meet the following criteria before applying;
- At least 51 per cent owned by a woman
- Be led by a woman
- Be located in any of these cities in Africa
- Have an already existing service or product
- Have evidence of sales of existing services or product
- Have an existing business model
- Registered and incorporated in the country of operation
- Be operational for at least 6 months
- Be able to dedicate 8 weeks to an intense hybrid training and mentoring session
- Note: Evidence of sales would be requested during the due diligence phase.
For more information, visit AfriLabs.