The World Bank and Financial Times are seeking applications for the 2023 Youth Blog Competition.
The winning entry will be published in the Financial Times (at its sole discretion) and the World Bank blog. The World Bank will also find additional, virtual ways to honor the winner during 2023.
Terms and Conditions
- Entries should be original content and cannot have been previously published or lifted from other sources. By submitting an entry, entrants grant to The World Bank and The Financial Times Limited (“FT”) a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to copy, edit, publish and use the entry, in whole or in part, and in any way, including for publishing on the World Bank’s blog platform and, at the FT’s sole discretion, on ft.com, without compensation to the entrant. Rights to edit copy where the publishers deem necessary is reserved although entrants will be fully credited.
- Entries should be the work of the submitter and cannot be collaborative or written by a proxy.
- Participants must be enrolled in high school or a version of secondary education and should be between the ages of 16-19 years at the time of submission.
- Entries can be submitted in English, French, Spanish and Arabic.
- The winning entries will be published in English.
- There is no fee payable to enter the competition.
- The World Bank and FT are not responsible for:
- any incorrect or inaccurate information used in connection with the competition; or
- failures or errors which may occur in the administration of the competition. To the fullest extent permitted by law, The World Bank and FT exclude liability and entrants agree to release and hold harmless The World Bank and FT for any damage, loss, liability or injury to person or property or for any claim arising as a result of your entry into the competition.
- By submitting an entry to this contest, every Contestant agrees and accepts the terms set forth here. If you do not agree with these terms, do not submit an entry.
- To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to any other recourse to judicial procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Contestant expressly waives any and all such rights.
- Preservation of Immunities. Nothing herein shall constitute or be considered to be a limitation upon or a waiver of the privileges and immunities of the World Bank which are specifically reserved.
- The promoter is the World Bank of 1818 H Street NW, Washington DC 20433.
Entries will be judged by a high-level panel comprised of senior officials at the World Bank, the Financial Times, and select partners. The full names of the judges can be made available on request. Judging will take place during April 2023 and winners will be contacted and announced around May 2023 on the World Bank blog and Financial Times website, unless a winner objects to publication of their name at the time of entry. Entries will be judged against originality, creativity, writing quality, and solutions presented. The judging panel’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into. Winners will be contacted via the contact information provided with their submission.
Submissions should include:
- A strong blog or essay, that is no longer than 500 words.
- Your name, age, school, email, and country you live in.
- Photos, videos, visualizations that help support your story, are optional.
For more information, visit World Bank.