Welcome! Mozilla are so excited you’re considering proposing a session for MozFest 2023! You’ll find all the info you need to propose a session. Mozilla welcome sessions on a wide range of topics relevant to trustworthy AI and the internet health movement, but all sessions must be participatory, accessible, and inclusive. You are welcome to submit more than one session proposal.
MozFest 2023 Spaces
- Autonomy & Governance
- They call on policy makers, tech giants, AI researchers, data journalists, and underrepresented groups to collectively build this hero with an aim to formulate appropriate regulations: from collecting data to applying AI models in the real world.
- Education & Access: You’re The Product Of Data
- They’re looking for participatory, accessible, and inclusive sessions that highlight tools and products, case studies, and research that broaden people’s experience to learn, engage, and raise awareness about data literacy, equal access, and accessibility of education.
- Humans Behind The Machine
- They’re seeking proposals that promote perspectives and artistic reflections of what it’s like to live or work behind the machine or the algorithm.They welcome those who work the algorithm and those who study, collaborate and co-conspire with them.
- Radical Inclusion
- They’re looking for artists, musicians, and content creators from under-resourced and underrepresented communities (including the disabled and neurodiverse communities) who want to collaborate to build immersive, inclusive, and accessible audiovisual experiences that lift up your expertise and highlight your experiences in the digital realm.
- Tech & Biodiversity: Legacy 2060
- Calling all activists, researchers, academics, artists, hackers, and tech developers! They’re looking for sessions at the intersection of digital technology and topics related, but not limited to: the environment, Indigenous peoples, land defenders, sustainability, and food sovereignty. Your sessions will become the scenes for MozFest’s 2060 Sci-Fi Telenovela-inspired Space.
- Utility of Transparency
- They’re looking for sessions that bring research, auditing frameworks, art, and more to address big questions about what transparency means to both individuals and communities, as well as stories about experiencing delight or discontent from AI systems. Connect the threads of their global and local efforts, and lift up work that shifts power and knowledge back to the people.
- Youth Zone
- Everyone is invited to set sail on S.S. MozFest as they set sail on the sea they call the internet. The question is… where should your journey start? They are looking for fun, inclusive, engaging sessions to educate and teach necessary digital skills in a way that all ages can understand.
- The MoZone Space brings together people and projects connected to the wide constellation of Mozilla’s work, with a focus on Trustworthy AI. (Session proposals are being accepted for this Space by invitation-only.)
- They welcome sessions on a wide range of topics relevant to Trustworthy AI and the internet health movement. All sessions must be participatory, accessible, and inclusive. You are welcome to submit more than one session proposal.
- A participatory session engages and activates audience members from the start and gets them making and doing, rather than listening and watching.
- An accessible session makes it possible for people with different needs to participate.
- An inclusive session welcomes participants of different ages, experience levels, geographies and disciplines.
- Anyone may submit a session proposal for MozFest 2023. You don’t need any particular level of expertise to facilitate a session, as long as you have a great project, idea, or topic. However, if you are under the age of 18 or the age of majority in your country, your parent or guardian must complete the proposal form for you.
For more information, visit https://www.mozillafestival.org/en/proposals/