His Highness Muhammad Sanusi II is calling applications for MSII Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Challenge Cohort 3 to catalyze and empower teachers in developing innovative community projects focusing on SDG 4 – Quality Education, and SDG 5 – Gender Equality.
In the Incubator, you will be provided with in-depth and hands-on skill-building opportunities that will equip you with the foundation to lead your own social venture. You will be exposed to concepts related to leadership and personal mastery, sustainable business model design, and the management of projects, organisations and movements.
Transforming education systems begins with teachers. Enabling teachers in developing scalable education projects helps ensure that all students have access to the education they deserve. The MSII SDG Challenge focuses on social entrepreneurship principles and systems thinking, to support teachers through the stages of ideation, project implementation, and achieving scale. The Challenge is open to practicing teachers based anywhere in sub-Saharan Africa.
The HH MSII SDG Challenge aims for the provision of high-quality, gender-responsive education to students – particularly girls – in the most deprived regions of the world. They do this by empowering teacher-changemakers with the skills, networks and resources they need to lead innovative and impactful community-based projects. The HH MSII SDG Challenge will unleash the vast untapped potential of Africa’s teachers, by combining their on-the-ground expertise with a dynamic, entrepreneurial support system. The Challenge is more than an incubator or an accelerator – it is an ecosystem catalyst. By providing expertise, resources and support for teachers at various stages of their leadership journey, the Challenge will nurture a grassroots movement of teacher-changemakers.
- MSII Incubator Offerings:
- Programming: Virtual workshops (weekly) + access to the 1 Million Teachers platform
- Coaching: Peer-to-peer discussion groups + group coaching
- Support: Tools & templates, individualized feedback
- Networking: Introductions to their exclusive network of subject matter experts
- Funding: Up to $2,000 USD in grant funding to support your pilot project.
- At the end of the Incubator, you’ll also have the opportunity to pitch your project for a chance to win up to $10,000 USD and access to their exclusive Accelerator Program.
What type of projects is the MSII SDG Challenge aiming to generate?
- Any community project run by a teacher(s) that enhances learning. Their aim is to calayze a wide variety of projects – both small projects, as well as those with potential to scale.
- Practicing teachers based anywhere in sub-Saharan Africa
- This program is aiming to support teachers in sub-Saharan Africa. Participants will need to be on the ground in order to develop and implement their ideas, so they ask that only practicing teachers who are currently living in sub-Saharan Africa register for the Challenge.
For more information, visit MSII SDG Challenge Cohort.