Deadline: 1 October 2017
Nominations are open for both “EU Prize for Cultural Heritage” and “Europa Nostra Awards” to identify and promote best practices in the conservation of tangible and intangible cultural heritage, to stimulate the trans-frontier exchanges of knowledge and experience throughout Europe, to enhance public awareness and appreciation of Europe’s cultural heritage, and to encourage further excellent initiatives through the power of example.
Categories ( for both the awards)
- Conservation: Outstanding achievements in the conservation, enhancement and adaptation to new uses of cultural heritage.
- Research: Outstanding research projects which lead to tangible effects in the conservation and enhancement of cultural heritage in Europe.
- Dedicated service by individuals or organizations: Open to individuals or organisations whose contributions over a long period of time demonstrate excellence in the protection, conservation and enhancement of cultural heritage in Europe
- Education, training and awareness-raising: Outstanding initiatives related to education, training and awareness-raising in the field of tangible and/or intangible cultural heritage, to promote and/or to contribute to the sustainable development of the environment.
Focus Areas ( for both the awards)
- Architectural heritage: single buildings or groups of buildings in a rural or urban setting
- Building additions or alterations, or new building projects within historic areas
- Industrial and engineering structures and sites
- Cultural landscapes: historic urban environments or townscapes, city or town squares and streetscapes
- Historic parks and gardens, larger areas of designed landscape or of cultural, environmental and/or agricultural significance
- Archaeological sites, including underwater archaeology
- Works of art and collections: collections of artistic and historic significance or old works of art
- Intangible cultural heritage
- Digitisation projects of cultural heritage
- EU Prize:
- All winning entries will receive an award certificate as well as a wall plaque or a trophy
- In addition, winners of a Grand Prix will receive a monetary award of € 10.000.
- Europa Nostra Award:
- All winning entries will receive an award certificate as well as a wall plaque or a trophy.
Eligibility Criteria (for both the awards)
- Entries may be submitted by anyone closely connected to the entry, as long as they have obtained permission from the owner of the building or site, author / owner of the study / project, or nominee, prior to submission
- Entries may be re-submitted one time only, with the necessary additional documentation
- Entries that have previously received a Special Mention of the Jury may not re-apply in the same category
How to Apply
Applicants can apply online via given website.
EU Prize: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, FYROM, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, the Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom and Ukraine.
For more information, please visit EU Prize for Cultural Heritage/Europa Nostra Awards.