Explore, start and grow your idea, get access to the world-leading Digital Incubator program and compete for awards of up to $10,000! Social Shifters is looking for creative ideas, projects, and business solutions to the problems that matter most to you and your community.
The Challenge is a thrilling opportunity for young trailblazers like you (aged 18-30) to unleash your creativity and drive. It’s all about exploring, nurturing, and bringing to life ideas that tackle the social or environmental issues that ignite a fire within you.
Special Challenge Awards 2023
- SDGs 10 Reduced Inequalities – Refugee Challenge
- Ideas to help refugees & enable them to live settled lives.
- Supported by Amazon
- SDGs 13 Climate Action – Climate Challenge
- Ideas to accelerate the shift to net zero.
- Supported by Rathbones
- SDGs 4 Quality Action – Education Challenge
- Ideas to deliver universal access to free and high quality education.
- Supported by Fitch Group
- SDGs 6 Clean Water and Sanitation – Water Challenge
- Ideas to help provide safe and affordable drinking water for all.
- Supported by CEMEX
What Will You Receive?
- When applications close, entrants will receive free access to our Digital Incubator program, including:
- Access to a premium subscription to the Social Shifters eLearning and community platform
- Access to Steps to Startup, the internationally recognised social startup e-learning course
- Access to exclusive skills building and global networking events, all accessed online
- Access to expert mentors and coaches from some of the world’s leading businesses
- Digital badges and certificates
- If you are shortlisted as a finalist you will receive intensive one-to-one advice from experts to strengthen your idea and pitch to win awards up to $10,000 USD to implement your project idea.
What ideas are eligible?
- Your ideas must contribute to at least one of the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- They are open to ideas, projects, and business solutions of all kinds. You can be in the process of developing a completely new idea, testing a concept that you have been working on for a while, or you might already have had some success in implementing the solution. Solutions can be implemented on a for-profit or non-profit basis.
- The Global Innovation Challenge is open to anyone aged 18-30 years. Participants can be located anywhere in the world. There are no nationality requirements.
- You can register and participate on your own but they strongly recommend you enter as a team. Being part of a team can add needed skills, capacity, and accountability to give you the best chance of success.
- Teams should have no more than 5 members and must designate one member as the ‘Team Leader’ – for contact and competition administrative purposes.
- A participant can only submit one entry. If you have made multiple entries, the last one submitted will be considered for judging. For the purposes of this competition, you can only be a member of one team.
- All materials submitted to the competition must be provided in English.
For more information, visit Social Shifters.