Deadline: 26 August 2019
The Georgian Institute for Strategic Studies (GISS) in cooperation with Collegium Civitas (Warsaw, Poland), with funding from Black Sea Trust for Regional Cooperation is inviting applications for implementing a project titled: “TRASC 2 – ‘Europe – What Next? Transformational Leadership and Confidence Building for Young Professionals’”.
The programme aims to enhance cooperation at regional and European levels by nurturing empathy and consensus building and by improving the quality of debate on European integration.
TRASC 2 will develop young peoples’ knowledge of and capacity to critically engage with the EU integration process and its implications and opportunities especially for the South Caucasus region via the particular prism of the Eastern Partnership (EaP).
TRASC 2 is a three-day educational programme geared to confidence building that will bring together young people from the three South Caucasus countries and Poland to develop their skills to become ‘transformational leaders’ in the region and beyond.
A platform for confidence building TRASC 2 will provide a unique opportunity for individuals to connect with their peers from the region and from Poland and to obtain insights, knowledge and skills from academics and practitioners to advance their knowledge and leadership capacities for the wider benefit of the region.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Citizenship of one of the following countries: Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia;
- Aged between 23 and 30 years old;
- Demonstrated leadership record in the following sectors: government, business, civil society and academia;
- Demonstrated potential and interest to play a role in their country’s political, economic and social development; Interest in playing a leading role in transformational processes, interest to participate in confidence building projects as well as a desire to connect/network with peers;
- Fluency in English.
- Costs: All costs related to participation (travel, accommodation, meals) are covered by the organizers.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via email address given on the website.
For more information, please visit http://giss.org.ge/geo/ourNews/135