Deadline: 1 August 2018
The U.S. Embassy Tokyo Public Affairs Section (PAS) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program in order to strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Japan through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- U.S. – Japan Bilateral Relationship: Programs that seek to explain U.S. policies, culture, and values to Japanese audiences, resulting in a positive impact on the bilateral relationship.
- Regional Security: Programs that address issues of regional security, non-proliferation, and countering violent extremism, as well as exchanges that promote multilateral cooperation and enhance stability in the Asia-Pacific region.
- Economic Growth: Programs related to bilateral trade, investment, economic integration, entrepreneurship, innovation, intellectual property rights, and women’s empowerment.
- Social Issues: Programs that seek to promote a better understanding of human rights and diversity and inclusion.
- English Teaching: Programs that promote teacher training in areas related to English teaching, or those that enhance English learning among Japanese youth.
- Education: Programs related to promoting study in the United States, the internationalization of Japanese universities, and/or capacity the building of linkages between American and Japanese institutions of higher learning.
- Total Amount Available: $200,000.00
- Maximum for Each Award: $100,000.00
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Eligible Applicants
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Japan:
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
- Cost Sharing or Matching
- Cost sharing is not required.
- Other Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants are only allowed to submit one SOI per organization. If more than one SOI is submitted from an organization, all SOIs from that institution will be considered ineligible for funding.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their project and budget Statement of Interest (SOI) via email at the address given on the website.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Eligible Countries: United States and Japan
For more information, please visit Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.