Deadline: 10 June 2020
UNOPS invites interested and eligible applicants to apply for a Call for Proposals (“CFP”) for the project, ‘Explosive Hazard Risk Mitigation and Risk Education to change behaviour of populations affected by explosive hazards in Mosul Old City’.
Through this CFP, UNMAS Iraq aims to pilot an alternative strategy/risk mitigation approach to change dangerous behaviours of EH affected populations in Mosul Old City, focussing on those demonstrating ‘reckless’ and ‘intentional’ risk taking behaviours. The purpose of this approach is to provide a community-driven solution that will change dangerous behaviour of a group at risk of EH. The proposed approach must be community based and demonstrate a linkage with EH RE and behaviour change. As such, the activity must reinforce and exercise the RE safety messages specific to that group, including: “Do not touch unknown objects”, “Do not enter areas that can be potentially contaminated by EH”, “Immediately report about the dangerous /suspicious items to the appropriate authority”.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Objective of this project is to:
“Reduce the number of deaths and injuries caused by EH (including IEDs) in Mosul Old City, through implementation of an alternative approach to enhance safe behaviour towards EH.”
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Outcome of this project shall be to:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Enhance the ability of the local population to practice safe and recommended behaviour towards EH by offering alternative behavioural strategies that will enhance compliance with RE safety messages.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- A participatory community based approach, representative of the risk-taking groups and diversity of the target community, is identified to reverse the risk-taking behaviour of a ‘reckless’ and ‘intentional/forced’ group in Mosul Old City.
- Based on the initial assessment, one sustainable, locally-based mechanism to reverse risk-taking behaviour towards EH and/or enhance exercising of safe behaviour is implemented
- At-risk groups know how to behave in the presence of EH
COVID-19: This CFP is being launched at a time of great uncertainty in Iraq and around the world as governments and the United Nations are coming to grips with the global COVID-19 pandemic. Considering how rapidly COVID 19 is evolving and how much has changed globally and in Iraq in the space of two weeks, it must be considered some of the requirements outlined in this CFP may change during the solicitation period; should requirements change, relevant updates will be shared on UNGM.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
- Grant applications shall only be accepted from Not-For-Profit Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) – national or international – that are registered by the Directorate of NGOs to operate in Federal Iraq.
- Only organisations with valid Risk Education (“RE”) accreditation from the Directorate for Mine Action (“DMA”) at the time of proposal submission will be accepted. This validity should ideally run for the entirety of the proposed project. Applicants will be expected to explain status of renewal if expiry is during grant duration.
- Only organisations with accredited RE Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) accepted by the DMA will be considered.
- Organisations must demonstrate a minimum of two years of experience implementing mine action activities.This experience can be drawn from global activities and does NOT have to be specific to Iraq / Middle East.
For more information, visit https://www.ungm.org/Public/Notice/108088