Deadline: 26 August 2019
The TEACH FOR TOMORROW activity aims to support the Ministry of Education and Technical Education (MOETE) Education through the design and adoption of an effective in-service continuous professional development system for educators in the primary cycle, aimed at enhancing their knowledge and skills, particularly as they relate to effective curricula delivery. It will also support the institutionalization of a professional development certification and incentive structure that recruits qualified candidates and promotes professional growth among educators and school leaders, enabling the in-service program to support overall teacher excellence.
The TEACH FOR TOMORROW activity’s overall goal is to support improved teaching of the reformed curricula at the primary level by qualified, incentivized, and continuously developed teachers; and furthermore, to institutionalize a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) system that adapts to Egyptian educators’ evolving professional development needs.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The activity objectives include the following:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Establish- in collaboration with relevant stakeholders- an effective in-service training and professional development system for teachers, mentors/coaches, supervisors, and school leaders, which supports continuous learning and professional growth, and leverages mentoring/coaching at the local level.
- Institutionalize an effective system for the licensing and certification of teachers, supervisors, and school leaders, that is based on a clear set of qualifications and prerequisites, and which is connected to both an effective CPD system and to a performance-based promotion system that incentivizes the best educators and leaders.
- Subject to funding availability and at the discretion of the Agency, USAID intends to provide $10 – 16 million in total USAID funding over a four year period.
- The anticipated period of performance is four (4) years. The estimated start date will be December 1, 2019.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The TEACH FOR TOMORROW activity will include two main Components:
- Systems for In-service Training and Continuous Professional Development
- Professional licensing/certification system and incentivization structure for continuous professional growth.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- The CPD component of the TEACH FOR TOMORROW activity will establish a comprehensive system, including designing professional development courses, trainings, and other tools to equip all primary education teachers, mentors/coaches, supervisors, trainers, and school leaders of public primary schools nationwide with the knowledge and skills needed to deliver the reformed curricula with high quality and efficiency, and install necessary in-service training mechanisms to maintain and sharpen that knowledge over time.
- Regarding certification and incentivization, the TEACH FOR TOMORROW activity will support the MOETE at the central level, and then the educational Mudirreyas and Idaras at the district and governorate levels, to roll-out and enforce an effective licensure and certification system and to monitor and evaluate teachers’, mentors’/coaches’, supervisors’, and school leaders’ performance and analyze how the new incentive structure can best promote advancement of educators who have the strongest impact on improving student learning outcomes.
- Eligibility for this NOFO is not restricted. All potential applicants are eligible.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations that have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Cost Sharing or Matching
- Cost sharing is not required under this Cooperative Agreement, though it is encouraged.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Applications must be submitted by email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=317878