Deadline: 11 November 2019
The IZA/DFID Programme on Gender, Growth and Labour Markets in Low-Income Countries (G²LM|LIC) has announced a call for proposals witn an aim at building a significant new body of evidence on gender, growth, and labour markets to help shape gender and labour market policies in low-income countries.
The IZA/DFID Programme on Gender, Growth and Labour Markets in Low-Income Countries (G²LM|LIC) marks the extension of the successful IZA/DFID cooperation, which started as the Growth and Labour Markets in Low-Income Countries (GLM|LIC) programme in 2011.
Capacity building through involvement of researchers from low-income countries is strongly encouraged.
The call covers 5 wide-ranging research themes:
- Theme 1: Facts about gender, jobs, and poverty
- Theme 2: Fertility and labour markets
- Theme 3: Barriers to gender parity
- Theme 4: The future of work: automation, urbanization and the environment
- Theme 5: Policies and welfare: costs and benefits of gender parity
Types of Grant
Two types of research grants will be offered:
- Large-scale research grants for experienced researchers based in institutions and organizations from all over the world to fund big research projects in LICs. In this round, they expect to fund around 10 large projects with a total budget of about 3 million Euros.
- Small research grants mainly targeting junior researchers (PhD students or researchers who have less than five years of work/research experience past the PhD) based in institutions and organizations from all over the world, as well as senior or junior researchers based in institutions and organizations in LICs. In this round, they plan to fund 3-6 small research projects with a maximum value of 30,000 Euros each.
How to Apply
To start the application process, applicants need to register for the Electronic Application Portal (EAP) given on the website.
For more information, please visit https://glm-lic.iza.org/call-for-proposals-2019/