Deadline: 11 November 2019
The IZA/DFID Programme on Gender, Growth and Labour Markets in Low-Income Countries (G²LM|LIC) has announced a call for proposals witn an aim at building a significant new body of evidence on gender, growth, and labour markets to help shape gender and labour market policies in low-income countries.
The IZA/DFID Programme on Gender, Growth and Labour Markets in Low-Income Countries (G²LM|LIC) marks the extension of the successful IZA/DFID cooperation, which started as the Growth and Labour Markets in Low-Income Countries (GLM|LIC) programme in 2011.
Capacity building through involvement of researchers from low-income countries is strongly encouraged.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The call covers 5 wide-ranging research themes:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Theme 1: Facts about gender, jobs, and poverty
- Theme 2: Fertility and labour markets
- Theme 3: Barriers to gender parity
- Theme 4: The future of work: automation, urbanization and the environment
- Theme 5: Policies and welfare: costs and benefits of gender parity
Types of Grant
Two types of research grants will be offered:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Large-scale research grants for experienced researchers based in institutions and organizations from all over the world to fund big research projects in LICs. In this round, they expect to fund around 10 large projects with a total budget of about 3 million Euros.
- Small research grants mainly targeting junior researchers (PhD students or researchers who have less than five years of work/research experience past the PhD) based in institutions and organizations from all over the world, as well as senior or junior researchers based in institutions and organizations in LICs. In this round, they plan to fund 3-6 small research projects with a maximum value of 30,000 Euros each.
How to Apply
To start the application process, applicants need to register for the Electronic Application Portal (EAP) given on the website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://glm-lic.iza.org/call-for-proposals-2019/