Deadline: 5 November 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
This call aims to support transnational research projects jointly addressing issues at the interface between biodiversity and climate change, and across a range of spatial and temporal scales in order to advance knowledge and support evidence-based and reflected decision-making. Projects addressing only biodiversity issues or only climate change issues will not be considered within the scope of the call.
The intention of this BiodivERsA programme co-funded by the European Commission is to support research projects in which the approaches and skills of natural sciences, social sciences and humanities are integrated as needed to address the specific objectives of each research proposal.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
This programme also aims at funding transdisciplinary research projects demonstrating potential societal and policy impact. In this context, the participation of stakeholders (including private stakeholders) in research proposals is welcome.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
This call will cover the following four non-exclusive themes:
- Consequences of climate change on biodiversity and nature’s contributions to people
- Climate-biodiversity feedback processes
- Potential of nature-based solutions for mitigating and adapting to climate change
- Synergies and trade-offs between policies on biodiversity, climate and other relevant sectors, and the role of agents of change
All environments can be considered, i.e. marine, freshwater and terrestrial –including urban. Projects can address one theme or more. Projects combining aspects from two or more of the following themes are encouraged.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- A total amount of 23.4 M€ has been provisionally reserved by the participating Funding Organisations.
- The European Commission will also provide funding for the funded projects depending on the final total funding amount for research proposals by the participating Funding Organisations eligible for EC-funding.
- The indicative total budget for this call is thus of 26.3 M€.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- The call is open for any eligible research organisations. National/regional eligibility criteria apply to research organisations and for private sector organisations (profit and non-profit).
- The main applicant (project coordinator) must be employed by an eligible organisation in one of the countries participating in the call.
- They draw applicants attention on the fact that compliance with funding organisations’ eligibility criteria and rules (e.g. eligible budget items) is mandatory; applicants are strongly advised to approach their respective
- Funding organisation Contact Point to make sure they respect all the eligibility criteria and rules.
- 34 funding organisations from 26 countries are joining this call and have reserved – together with the European Commission* and the countries are: Austria, Belgium, Brazil (Sao Paulo State), Brazil**, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Israel, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia and Turkey
* EC contribution is still tentative, pending on the signature of the Grant Agreement of the BiodivClim COFUND Action
** The following Brazilian States will participate in the call, with the support of CONFAP : Alagoas, Amazonas, Bahia, Distrito Federal, Espírito Santo, Goiás, Maranhão, Mato Grosso, Mato Grosso do Sul, Minas Gerais, Paraíba, Paraná, Pernambuco, Rio de Janeiro, Rio Grande do Sul, Santa Catarina
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
Please note that each research Partner in a project must comply with the eligibility criteria and rules of its funding organisation.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit http://www.biodiversa.org/1587