Deadline: 3 August 2020
The Minister of Climate as the Operator of the “Environment, Energy and Climate Change” Programme announces a call for proposals for co-financing of projects aimed at “Ecosystem management plans implemented” to be financed from the European Economic Area Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.
The main aim of the Call for Proposals intended to co-finance projects in the programme area Environment and ecosystems shall be to increase the resistance of ecosystems to negative effects resulting from climate change and adaptation to them through active protection of endangered species and habitats.
The implementation of the projects shall contribute to strengthening the resilience of ecosystems to the negative effects of climate change, and indirectly to reduce CO2 emissions by protecting natural and restoring degraded wetlands and increasing public awareness of climate change and its impact on ecosystems.
The objective scope of projects may include the implementation of measures related to:
- implementation of management plans for protected areas (Natura 2000 areas, national and landscape parks, reserves);
- improving the status for species under protection;
- counteracting fragmentation of ecosystems;
- creating / maintaining / clearing ecological corridors to ensure the free movement of species between protected areas;
- protection of natural wetlands as organic carbon reservoirs;
- restoring degraded wetlands to their proper state;
- maintaining good current status of ecosystems.
Preventing excessive tourist pressure on ecosystems by building and / or modernizing educational and tourist infrastructure can add value to the project, but cannot constitute the main scope of the project.
Type of Projects
Projects eligible for co-financing must have a comprehensive character, i.e. include activities that increase ecosystem resistance to negative effects resulting from climate change and adaptation to them, and awareness raising campaigns complementing them in this respect, together with an indication of their interconnectedness.
The projects selected within the scope of this call will contribute to achieving the Programme’s Outcome 2: “Environmental status of ecosystems improved ” and Output 2.1 “Ecosystem management plans implemented” whose indicators and targets.
- Allocated amount EUR 5,882,352, i.e. PLN 25 387 642.99
- The grant rate of the requested co-financing shall be up to 85% of eligible expenditures.
- Minimum grant amount EUR 200,000, i.e. PLN 863 180.00
- Maximum grant amount EUR 1,000,000, i.e. PLN 4 315 900.00
Period of Eligibility of Expenditures in Projects
- The period of eligibility of expenditures in projects shall start on the day that the Programme Operator (the Ministry of Climate) decides to award the project grant.
- The period of eligibility of expenditures in projects shall expire on 30 April 2024.
The following entities may seek grants as part of the Call for Proposals:
- private or public;
- commercial or non-commercial;
- non-governmental organisations (NGOs) understood as a non-profit voluntary organisation established as a legal entity, having a non-commercial purpose, independent of local, regional and central government, public entities, political parties and commercial organisations. Religious institutions and political parties are not considered NGOs according to Article of the Regulation on the implementation of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.pl/web/climate/announcement-of-a-call-for-proposals-7