Deadline: 7 September 2019
Balkan Green Foundation (BGF) and Germanwatch (GW) have issued this call to support two Energy Lighthouse Projects with 15,000 EUR each. The focus of this call is on energy transition, through the use of small scale showcases applicable to energy issues in Kosovo (generation/efficiency).
BGF and GW issue are implementing the joint project MAP – a Multi-Actor Partnership for an Energy Transition in Kosovo. The project tackles the transition of Kosovo’s energy system, and in particular its electricity system, towards a more sustainable state, increasing the share of renewable energy sources (RES), and improving local energy efficiency. The project supports and enhances existing government strategies for RES development.
The transition towards sustainable, renewable energy supply and diversification of the energy mix is a major worldwide trend. It is crucial for a country’s economic and energy security considerations in the context of decarbonization. The Kosovo government is already actively engaged in RES development. Concerning the power sector, government modeling includes a large-scale phase-in after 2020, coverage of more than 50% of the overall power demand with RES by 2040 and a 100% coverage by the year 2060. To meet these targets, Kosovo needs concrete examples and good practices that further propel the energy transition needed.
The lighthouse projects shall show the possibility and feasibility of:
- Renewable energy generation/energy efficiency;
- Decentralized energy production and small-scale generation.
The financial value for one project is 15,000 EUR + 1,000 EUR co-financing from the applicant.
Duration of the Project
Maximum twelve (12) months – October/November 2019 – October/November 2020.
- Individuals (if selected have to register as a business entity), non-profit-making NGO/CSO: association, foundation, social cooperative/non-profit cooperative, youth groups legally constituted in Kosovo (technicians, professors or individuals that are skilled in the field are highly encouraged to apply);
- Businesses that operate in the sphere of energy generation from RES, energy efficiency, or are generally engaged in energy issues.
How to Apply
- Applications should be submitted online via the given website.
- Applications should be prepared and submitted in the English language only.
For more information, please visit http://balkangreenfoundation.org/calls-proposals/