Deadline: 18 October 2019
Applications are now open for the Disney Conservation Fund (DCF) which is committed to saving wildlife, inspiring action and protecting the planet.
The Disney Conservation Fund pairs philanthropic grants with contributions of expertise from many Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment professionals and other employees who work together to make an impact for people, wildlife and wild places.
The Disney Conservation Fund gives priority consideration to holistic programs addressing a significant conservation need (or projects that are part of a program) which reflect:
- Education and community engagement, including measuring results
- Sustainable development programs directly connected to protecting species and habitats
- Scientific field studies on species and habitats (the Disney Conservation Fund does not fund ex-situ projects/project components)
- Although the fund recognizes that basic science is a critical first step in conservation initiatives, preference is given to projects where there is a significant conservation action component
The Disney Conservation Fund supports programs and projects around the world, and has supported programs in 120 different countries to date. The fund also seeks to support projects taking place in areas where Disney has a significant business focus, including the regions below:
- Africa: Egypt, South Africa.
- Asia: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Vietnam.
- Central/South America: Antigua, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Galapagos Islands, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Europe/Middle East/Australia: Albania, Austria, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Jordan, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom.
- Marine: Australia, Indo-Pacific, U.S. Pacific (Alaska, California, Hawaii), Western Atlantic Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Eastern Gulf of Mexico (especially in/near Florida), Grenada, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Thomas.
- North America:
- The fund encourage scientists, students and institutions to work with nonprofit organizations to apply.
- Only charitable organizations may apply.
- Non-US charity organizations without US 501(c)(3) nonprofit status may apply directly.
How to Apply
Organizations interested in applying for an Inspiring Action Grant should submit an inquiry form online via given website (an invitation code is not required for this step). Projects that are a strong fit for DCF criteria will be provided with additional details to submit a full application. Inquiries will be reviewed through December 2019.
For more information, please visit https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/environment/#disney-conservation-fund