Deadline: 18 October 2019
Applications are now open for the Disney Conservation Fund (DCF) which is committed to saving wildlife, inspiring action and protecting the planet.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Disney Conservation Fund pairs philanthropic grants with contributions of expertise from many Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment professionals and other employees who work together to make an impact for people, wildlife and wild places.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Disney Conservation Fund gives priority consideration to holistic programs addressing a significant conservation need (or projects that are part of a program) which reflect:
- Education and community engagement, including measuring results
- Sustainable development programs directly connected to protecting species and habitats
- Scientific field studies on species and habitats (the Disney Conservation Fund does not fund ex-situ projects/project components)
- Although the fund recognizes that basic science is a critical first step in conservation initiatives, preference is given to projects where there is a significant conservation action component
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
The Disney Conservation Fund supports programs and projects around the world, and has supported programs in 120 different countries to date. The fund also seeks to support projects taking place in areas where Disney has a significant business focus, including the regions below:
- Africa: Egypt, South Africa.
- Asia: Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Vietnam.
- Central/South America: Antigua, Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Chile, Costa Rica, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Galapagos Islands, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Thomas, Suriname, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- Europe/Middle East/Australia: Albania, Austria, Australia, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, England, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Jordan, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Portugal, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom.
- Marine: Australia, Indo-Pacific, U.S. Pacific (Alaska, California, Hawaii), Western Atlantic Antigua, Bahamas, Barbados, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Eastern Gulf of Mexico (especially in/near Florida), Grenada, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, St. Thomas.
- North America:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The fund encourage scientists, students and institutions to work with nonprofit organizations to apply.
- Only charitable organizations may apply.
- Non-US charity organizations without US 501(c)(3) nonprofit status may apply directly.
How to Apply
Organizations interested in applying for an Inspiring Action Grant should submit an inquiry form online via given website (an invitation code is not required for this step). Projects that are a strong fit for DCF criteria will be provided with additional details to submit a full application. Inquiries will be reviewed through December 2019.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit https://www.thewaltdisneycompany.com/environment/#disney-conservation-fund