Deadline: 2 June 2019
The Norwegian Human Rights Fund (NHRF) works to protect and promote human rights internationally through direct support to organisations working in the first line of defence for human rights. The NHRF aims to be a flexible, courageous and global actor that provides direct support to local organisations working for the rights of vulnerable and marginalised individuals and groups.
The NRHF seeks to increase their support to human rights organisations working with land rights and environmental rights, including natural resources. They see this work as essential for the realization of the sustainable development goals (SDGs) within 2030, and that local human rights organisations and human rights defenders are key actors in this work. The projects should focus on communities that are working on ensuring and/or accessing their rights in relation to issues concerning land rights, environmental rights and/or rights related to natural resources.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
Organisations that meet the following criteria will be prioritized MUST:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Organisation located and working in Indonesia, Mexico or Thailand
- Organisations with an annual budget under 150,000 USD
- Proven experience of working on human rights and land, environment and/or natural resources
- A strategic and targeted approach on structural human rights change and for access to justice for vulnerable groups affected by human rights violations related to land, environment and/or natural resources.
- Organisations with strong female leadership (e.g. organisations led by women and/or organisations with women in leadership (not only administrative) positions
- Organisations that are led by the target group or that have a strong link to the community and have special competence in the thematic area of focus
- Organisations that adapt an inclusive approach, for example for gender, minorities and people with disabilities
- Organisations using methods that involve advocacy, targeted awareness raising, legal empowerment, and/or activism in marginalised communities.
- Proposed projects are not limited to these methods, but must include one or more of these methods for the strategic implementation of the project
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Organisations working within the thematic area are invited to complete the eligibility quiz and submit a short (strict one-page limit) concept note that summarizes the following:
- The organisation’s experience working in the field of human rights related to land, environment and natural resources. Describe all links/connections to the target group(s).
- A clear strategy that leads to the improvement in rights realization/respect for the human rights of the target group(s). The strategy should have a one-year outlook but should also include a brief narrative on a longer-term perspective (up to 3 years).
- The methodology that will be used to implement the project.
- A description of how the grant will help strengthen the organisation implementing the project.
- The extent of female leadership/women in leadership position in the organization.
- An overview of a one-year budget (can be included on an additional page).
- Please specify the amount for the 2018 annual organisational budget in a separate line at the top of the budget
- A brief risk assessment and security strategy (one paragraph only)
- Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://nhrf.no/article/2019/call-for-proposal-land-and-environmental-rights