Deadline: 2 June 2019
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Norwegian Human Rights Fund (NHRF) works to protect and promote human rights internationally through direct support to organisations working in the first line of defence for human rights. The NHRF aims to be a flexible, courageous and global actor that provides direct support to local organisations working for the rights of vulnerable and marginalised individuals and groups.
The NRHF seeks to increase their support to human rights organisations working with land rights and environmental rights, including natural resources. They see this work as essential for the realization of the sustainable development goals (SDGs) within 2030, and that local human rights organisations and human rights defenders are key actors in this work. The projects should focus on communities that are working on ensuring and/or accessing their rights in relation to issues concerning land rights, environmental rights and/or rights related to natural resources.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Organisations that meet the following criteria will be prioritized MUST:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Organisation located and working in Indonesia, Mexico or Thailand
- Organisations with an annual budget under 150,000 USD
- Proven experience of working on human rights and land, environment and/or natural resources
- A strategic and targeted approach on structural human rights change and for access to justice for vulnerable groups affected by human rights violations related to land, environment and/or natural resources.
- Organisations with strong female leadership (e.g. organisations led by women and/or organisations with women in leadership (not only administrative) positions
- Organisations that are led by the target group or that have a strong link to the community and have special competence in the thematic area of focus
- Organisations that adapt an inclusive approach, for example for gender, minorities and people with disabilities
- Organisations using methods that involve advocacy, targeted awareness raising, legal empowerment, and/or activism in marginalised communities.
- Proposed projects are not limited to these methods, but must include one or more of these methods for the strategic implementation of the project
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Organisations working within the thematic area are invited to complete the eligibility quiz and submit a short (strict one-page limit) concept note that summarizes the following:
- The organisation’s experience working in the field of human rights related to land, environment and natural resources. Describe all links/connections to the target group(s).
- A clear strategy that leads to the improvement in rights realization/respect for the human rights of the target group(s). The strategy should have a one-year outlook but should also include a brief narrative on a longer-term perspective (up to 3 years).
- The methodology that will be used to implement the project.
- A description of how the grant will help strengthen the organisation implementing the project.
- The extent of female leadership/women in leadership position in the organization.
- An overview of a one-year budget (can be included on an additional page).
- Please specify the amount for the 2018 annual organisational budget in a separate line at the top of the budget
- A brief risk assessment and security strategy (one paragraph only)
- Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://nhrf.no/article/2019/call-for-proposal-land-and-environmental-rights