Deadline: 31 January 2020
Patagonia is seeking applications for its Environmental Grants Program to support innovative work that addresses the root causes of the environmental crisis and seeks to protect both the environment and affected communities.
They focus on places where they’ve formed a connection through outdoor recreation, and through our network of retail stores nationally and internationally.
They encourage work that brings underrepresented communities to the forefront of the environmental movement and defend communities whose health and livelihoods are threatened by environmental exploitation. They support multipronged campaigns that push for greater environmental protections and force the government to abide by its own laws.
They fund work that
- Is action-oriented;
- Focuses on root causes;
- Has a clear strategy;
- Identifies specific goals and objectives that can be effectively measured to evaluate success;
- Builds public involvement and civic engagement;
- Works to build an inclusive and diverse environmental movement;
- Takes place within the following countries: United States, Canada, Japan, Korea, Australia, Chile, Argentina, United Kingdom, The Netherlands, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Norway, Luxembourg, Italy, Ireland, Germany, France, Denmark, Belgium, Austria and the Czech Republic.
They do not fund?
- Organizations without a non-governmental status or a comparable fiscal sponsor;
- Trail creation, maintenance or restoration;
- Any dam renovations, human-assisted fish passage infrastructure or hatchery programs;
- Land acquisition, land trusts or conservation easements;
- Research, unless it is in direct support of a developed plan for specific action to alleviate an environmental problem;
- Projects that are solely focused on environmental education;
- Environmental conferences;
- Endowment funds;
- Political campaigns;
- Green building projects;
- Bike advocacy, unless the project is in direct support of a climate change solution;
- Event sponsorships or film festivals.
- Grants up to $12,000 may be requested.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For further information, please visit, https://eu.patagonia.com/gb/en/grant-guidelines.html