Deadline: 9 August 2019
The following sectors have been identified and targeted for PFAN intervention in the area of Climate Change Adaptation:
- Agriculture (upstream and downstream, including agribusiness and processing)
- Ecosystem Services
- Urban Development
- Energy & Access to Energy
- Adaptation products and services
Investment Amount (ASK)
- For ALL Projects, the investment ask should lie between US$1 million and US$50 million. This may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
- ONLY for Energy Access and Rural Electrification Projects (clean cook stoves, solar home systems, mini grids) an exception is made, and the investment ask can lie between US$500 thousand and US$50 million. This too may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
- Projects selected for PFAN assistance receive free business coaching. This coaching has been shown to greatly speed up the process of reaching investment-ready status, and consequently shorten the path to finding investment.
- PFAN organises regional and international Investment Forums, where the most promising investment-ready projects are showcased to a group of investors from various categories (private equity, development banks, development funds, clean energy focused investors, and so on), increasing the probability of finding the best investor for applicants project.
- PFAN also has a dedicated Investment Facilitation Team, which ensures investment-ready projects are introduced to target investors, throughout the process.
- PFAN accepts applications from Asia.
- To be eligible for PFAN support, applicants project or business must provide climate change adaptation benefits, or offer or use clean energy technologies, products or services.
- PFAN is technology neutral, which means they do not prefer any technology over any other.
Proposals should demonstrate that the project is commercially and technically viable, and requires no or only minimal grant funding.
- If applicants project currently receives grant funding or has done so in the past, that does not affect eligibility.
- Projects and businesses which deploy clean and renewable energy and/or climate change technologies for productive uses;
- Greenfield & brownfield utility projects, independent power producer and distributed generation projects (for both thermal and electrical energy);
- Existing projects which are operating at small or pilot scale and which are ready for scale-up;
- Projects which increase access to energy for remote communities, including rural electrification, off-grid and mini-grid projects, thermal energy and clean cooking solutions;
- New or expanding business ventures in clean energy and related technologies, including downstream projects (focused on deployment of existing technologies) and upstream projects (focused on development and commercialisation of a new clean technology);
- Mergers, acquisitions or joint ventures, which will add value to an existing clean energy / technology business.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via the given website.
For more, visit https://pfan.net/call-for-projects-in-asia-next-submission-deadline/