Deadline: 31 August 2019
The Private Financing Advisory Network (PFAN) has launched a call for proposals for Clean Energy Projects that deliver adaptation-related and climate resilience benefits in Caribbean & Central America.
As clean energy technologies improve and their costs continue to fall, people are becoming increasingly aware of the fact that it is possible to develop commercially viable projects that contribute to climate change mitigation.
In contrast to this, much less emphasis has been placed on developing and sourcing investment for commercially viable projects and businesses that contribute to climate adaptation and resilience. PFAN will address this gap, by seeking businesses in various sectors—from agriculture, infrastructure and water all the way to micro-finance, insurance and tourism—which offer opportunities for commercially viable projects to deliver climate adaptation benefits, by reducing climate vulnerability or increasing the resilience of populations to the effects of climate change.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The following sectors have been identified and targeted for PFAN intervention in the area of Climate Change Adaptation:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Agriculture (upstream and downstream, including agribusiness and processing)
- Ecosystem Services
- Urban Development
- Energy & Access to Energy
- Adaptation products and services
PFAN strongly encourages women-led projects to apply for support.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Projects selected for PFAN assistance receive free business coaching. This coaching has been shown to greatly speed up the process of reaching investment-ready status, and consequently shorten the path to finding investment.
- PFAN organises regional and international Investment Forums, where the most promising investment-ready projects are showcased to a group of investors from various categories (private equity, development banks, development funds, clean energy focused investors, and so on), increasing the probability of finding the best investor for applicants project.
- PFAN also has a dedicated Investment Facilitation Team, which ensures investment-ready projects are introduced to target investors, throughout the process.
Investment amount (ASK)
- For ALL Projects, the investment ask should lie between US$1 million and US$50 million. This may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
- ONLY for Energy Access and Rural Electrification Projects (clean cook stoves, solar home systems, mini grids) an exception is made, and the investment ask can lie between US$500 thousand and US$50 million. This too may be disbursed in smaller tranches as requested.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- PFAN accepts applications for projects in Caribbean & Central America.
- To be eligible for PFAN support, applicants project or business must provide climate change adaptation benefits, or offer or use clean energy technologies, products or services.
- Proposals should demonstrate that the project is commercially and technically viable, and requires no or only minimal grant funding.
- PFAN is technology neutral, which means they do not prefer any technology over any other.
- If applicants project currently receives grant funding or has done so in the past, that does not affect eligibility.
- Projects and businesses which deploy clean and renewable energy and/or climate change technologies for productive uses;
- Greenfield & brownfield utility projects, independent power producer and distributed generation projects (for both thermal and electrical energy);
- Existing projects which are operating at small or pilot scale and which are ready for scale-up;
- Projects which increase access to energy for remote communities, including rural electrification, off-grid and mini-grid projects, thermal energy and clean cooking solutions;
- New or expanding business ventures in clean energy and related technologies, including downstream projects (focused on deployment of existing technologies) and upstream projects (focused on development and commercialisation of a new clean technology);
- Mergers, acquisitions or joint ventures, which will add value to an existing clean energy / technology business.
How to Apply
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit https://pfan.net/submit-a-proposal/