Deadline: 31 October 2019
The Lawrence Foundation is accepting applications for its Grant Program. The foundation is focused on making grants to support environmental, human services and other causes.
The mission of the Lawrence Foundation is support organizations that are working to solve pressing environmental, educational, human services and other issues.
Areas of Interest
- Environment (US headquartered organizations operating programs in the US or elsewhere in the world)
- Human Services
- Disaster relief (US headquartered organizations responding to disasters in the US or elsewhere in the world on an occasional basis),
- Other (US headquartered organizations operating programs in the US or elsewhere in the world).
Grants typically range between $5,000 – $10,000.
- There is no restriction on the geographical area.
- Nonprofit organizations that qualify for public charity status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code or public schools and libraries are eligible for contributions or grants.
- The foundation makes grants to US based qualified charitable organizations.
- The foundation will not make grants to international charitable organizations that are not qualified in the US or to for-profit businesses.
- The foundation does not typically make grants for the following purposes. Requests to fund the following purposes are likely to be denied:
- Computers or software,
- Audio or video equipment,
- Designing and producing videos, kiosks or promotional material,
- Music programs or musical instruments,
- Gardening programs or equipment,
- Physical education programs or equipment,
- Recreational programs,
- Theater arts or performance arts programs or equipment,
- Hospice or old age home programs,
- Religious, charter or magnet schools
- Individuals for any purpose,
- International organizations that do not have a qualified domestic 501(c)(3) representative,
- Political lobbying activities or other political purposes
- Voter registration,
- Private foundations,
- Dinners, balls, or other ticketed events,
- Purposes outside of the foundation’s funding priorities as listed in the prior section.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit https://thelawrencefoundation.org/application-process/