Deadline: 20 April 2020
The Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs’ (OES) Office of Environmental Quality and Transboundary Issues at the U.S. Department of State (DOS), announces the Notice of Funding Opportunity (“NOFO”) for activities under the “Building Air Quality Management Capacity in Central Asia” project.
The “Building Air Quality Management Capacity in Central Asia” project intends to strengthen regulatory and monitoring capacity of government actors and expand awareness of air quality issues among decision makers and the general public in at least one Central Asian country. More specifically, the project would target key host government entities to develop and enhance air quality monitoring capacity with low cost sensors, educational materials on AQI PM2.5 and PM10, formal expert workshops, and through the services of a professional monitoring and evaluation expert to develop and design a monitoring and evaluation plan to be used by key agencies.
The goal of the “Building Air Quality Management Capacity in Central Asia” project is to strengthen regulatory and monitoring capacity of government actors and expand awareness of air quality issues among decision makers and the general public.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The project will provide technical support and capacity building to at least one country eligible for funding to increase air quality monitoring capacity, develop regulatory structures, and increase public awareness of air pollution causes and consequences.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Improved spatial resolution of air pollution.
- Increased collaboration and synergies to streamline efforts to tackle air pollution issues.
- Improved institutional capacity in managing air quality monitoring systems and understanding data to inform air quality management policies.
- Development, adoption, and/or implementation of focused air quality management policies as a result of this project.
- Fine particulate matter (PM2.5) and ozone precursor (NOx, VOCs, and CO) emissions reduced or avoided, if applicable.
The project should include the following activities:
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- Increasing Air Quality Monitoring Capacity Among Key Decision Makers: Develop and enhance key decision makers’ air quality monitoring capacity with low cost sensors and other equipment. Organizations should consider using U.S. environmental technologies. Educational materials on AQI, PM2.5 and other key pollutants would be disseminated through formal expert workshops or by presenting expert research and policy papers to politicians and decision makers. Building foundational knowledge is fundamental in order to complement existing civil society efforts to expand the deployment of low-cost air sensors in major cities and to establish a nation-wide network of air quality monitoring.
- Develop Regulatory Structures through Technical Expertise: Develop and design a monitoring and evaluation plan to be used by key local or national level stakeholders engaged in air quality monitoring.
- Increase Public Awareness of Air Pollution Causes and Consequences: Raise public awareness about air quality issues through the creation and dissemination of educational videos through public TV, social media platforms, and educational institutions.
- Award Ceiling: $296,296
- Award Floor: $296,296
- The period of performance will be approximately 36 months.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Countries that may be eligible for funding under this award include: Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan.
- Eligibility is limited to U.S. non-profit/nongovernmental organizations subject to section 501 (c) (3) of the U. S. tax code, foreign not-for-profit/nongovernmental organizations, educational institutions, and public international organizations.
How to Apply
Applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=324721