The Investment and Development Agency of Latvia, as the Norwegian Financial Mechanism’s 2014-2021 Programme “Business Development, Innovation and SME’s” operator is pleased to announce an open call for proposals “Application of green industry innovation and ICT products and technologies”.
The objective of the call is increased competitiveness for Latvian enterprises within the focus areas of green industry innovation and ICT.
- The total amount of the funding available for the call is EUR 8 495 389, of which EUR 5 847 694, 50 is available for green industry innovation projects, while the available funding for the ICT projects is EUR 2 647 694, 50.
- Support for a single project is between EUR 200 000 and EUR 600 000.
- Purchase of new equipment, software, licences and patents. In purchase costs of equipment, costs for delivery, installation and instruction of the personnel working with equipment can be included.
- The information and communication costs are foreseen in the project:
- the costs of organising seminars, conferences and information events;
- the costs of the information billboard;
- the costs of creating a website or supplementing an existing website;
- other costs of supply and service contracts, which are necessary for the organisation and provision of information and communication activities, including marketing materials, translation, press releases, photos, video, audio and visual materials.
- R&D costs:
- remuneration costs for staff implementing the project, which together does not exceed EUR 4 000 per month;
- accommodation and business travel costs;
- research and testing materials and the costs of supply that are directly related to the application of the new product and technology;
- the costs of outsourcing services (for example, testing and product certification services, licensing services, information system development services) that are directly related to applying a new product and technology.
- For knowledge transfer with project partner:
- remuneration costs for a staff of the project partner, if the relevant costs are directly related to the application of a new product and technology in the project;
- accommodation and business travel costs that are directly related to the application of the new product and technology;
- costs of the independent and certified auditor report on costs incurred by the project partner.
- For the receipt of an advance guarantee – commission of a credit institution registered in the European Union for the examination of an advance guarantee and receipt of advance payments.
What kinds of projects are supported?
- Within the call, the support provided to projects is in the areas of green industry innovation and ICT. The support is given to project promoters for:
- Application of new products and technologies with reduced environmental impact in the area of green industry innovation;
- Application of ICT products in the production process ensuring digitalisation or automation of the manufacturing processes in the area of ICT.
- The project’s result is a new product introduced into the production process of the enterprise by applying a new technology. The project should also create new jobs and increase competitiveness. Plus, the project in the area of green industry innovation should have an environmental impact also.
- The purchase of new equipment, software, licences and patents, in the area of green industry innovation which provides application of a new product, including new technology, and would reduce the environmental impact;
- The purchase of new equipment, software, licences and patents in the area of ICT related to the application of ICT products in the production process and which ensures the introduction of a new product;
- The mandatory information and communication activities;
- R&D activities related to the application of a new product and technology;
- Knowledge transfer with project partner that necessary for the project;
- The receipt of an advance guarantee in a credit institution registered in the European Union.
- A legal person registered in the Commercial Register of the Republic of Latvia who conforms to small or medium-sized enterprise status may apply for the grant.
- A project promoter may also submit a project application in cooperation with a project partner, which is any public or private entity, a commercial or non-commercial and non-governmental organisation registered as a legal person in the Kingdom of Norway or the Republic of Latvia.
- An enterprise may submit only one project application. This limitation also applies to any group of enterprises or persons affiliated with the enterprise.
- Partnerships with Norwegian entities are encouraged, and additional points will be awarded as part of the project appraisal. A donor partnership project is defined as cooperation between a project promoter and at least one legal entity in Norway, implementing a project where all entities are not affiliated to each other and perform substantial and relevant tasks in the completion of the project. A contribution comprised only by the supply of equipment will normally not qualify for such points.
- The partner can be any entity registered as a legal person in Norway. The partner will not receive state aid through this call. Reimbursement of the costs of the partner will be made through invoicing the project promoter. The cooperation should focus on knowledge transfer and R&D activities necessary for applying the new product and technology.
For more information, visit https://eeagrants.lv/en/2021/04/14/the-open-call-application-of-green-industry-innovation-and-ict-products-and-technologies/